ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Attemping boosted ph1

Ph1 T
I think it's spot on tbh not knocking Paul at rs either just think his price is steep.

I went for a second hand omex600 btw

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Which chip said.

I need an ECU for my build but can't decide what.

Does the omex allow for COP?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Which chip said.

I need an ECU for my build but can't decide what.

Does the omex allow for COP?

The 600 is only twin coil outputs, I guess you could run wasted spark COP if you wanted but Ive not personally done so, so give Omex a quick call to confirm.
IIRC there are some K series ones that are doubled up and can be used, or you can modfiy the ecu to allow it to do so for "normal" COP arrangement with an external amp.

710 will do it properly.

Personally I prefer coilpack, keeps the coils away from the heat!

Pick up sat/sun tbh I should of got it done before as would of been easier on the rollers. Will be getting done the week after mate

You'll be very happy with the results , Scoff sorted my problems out with cold start and found the reason it would'nt pass emmisions, he's top man in my books and looks after an R5 I compete against.

Regards Russ.......

Ph1 T
No no no no no

Apparently either the belt has slipped or its dropped a valve. No compression on cylinder 1

I literally feel like crying put every spare penny I had into this aswell so looks like it will be getting trailered back and stripped. Unless by a miracle it's a cheap fix not a chance of that though

Ph1 T
Scoffs going to spend an hour tommorow checking tension on Cambelt. Removing inlets and stuff to get a proper look and hopefully find out what's gone.

Either way I can't see it being cheap and tbh after I've paid for this build I can't even afford cheap so may after either get it back and chuck it in garage for a few month or knock it on head and strip it

Ph1 T
The original engine..

I don't get it I made the 90mile trip down there car was running perfect no signs what so ever of running issues got started up today and just banged and went apparently. Still runs on 3 but that's no good obviously..

Fair play to scoff going through every little thing and trying to help me out as tbh I'm not really clued up about valves ect

Ph1 T
Sorry to hear that Dan, hope its an easy fix. You still have the phase 1 engine?

It's the ph1 engine it's happened on mate, I do have the cup engine still could bits be swapped over or is it better buying new and fitting to existing, or just depend on what the cause is

Cup In bits
Yeah wait and see what Scoff says tbh. I would just fit the cup engine if its okay mate, just get someone in the know to check it over. As has been said, i would give you a hand if closer, proper bummer, iv had similar with customer cars when they do things on the cheap, you feel sick for them. Did you change belt on the ph1 engine?

Ph1 T
No didnt The belt was changed under 2years ago around 15k miles at birch down iirc. The only thing with the cup engine I don't know any history about it, could I pay someone to check it over like or..

Cup In bits
No didnt The belt was changed under 2years ago around 15k miles at birch down iirc. The only thing with the cup engine I don't know any history about it, could I pay someone to check it over like or..

Only real thing you could do is fit a starter to the cup engine and turn it over out of the car to check compression, remove sump and check big ends without getting to involved and ££'s. If its a good ene then fit it and do belts when its started and your happy its a keeper. You could do all that for £200 inc oil/filter and belts and bit of your time. Gives you an idea, that's what I would do to save time and money if its tired and your ph1 lump is kapoot.

Ph1 T
Right I get you that may look like the best option. Ill see what scoff comes back to me with tommorow and have a think. Will post in here to pick your lots brains aswell

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
It wasn't af Birchdown mate. The lad I bought it off was the son of mark fish motorsport, they did the belt.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Sorry to hear about this mate. The spare cup engine is an option that hopefully wouldn't cost too much.

Turboing an already tired 12 year old engine might have been too much for it. Rollers aren't the kindest place to ageing engines.

Ph1 T
Sorry to hear about this mate. The spare cup engine is an option that hopefully wouldn't cost too much.

Turboing an already tired 12 year old engine might have been too much for it. Rollers aren't the kindest place to ageing engines.

It was the first time he'd started it up apparently, it was still na at that point :/..

Don't get it like I say the drive down was perfect. Suppose it's a car and things can go whenever

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Can't believe it, what a pi$$er if it's lost compression on one cylinder I can only think it's dropped a valve, no reason why the timing should slip, keep at it!

Ph1 T
Scoff mentioned something about if it had dropped a valve he'd of seen it floating about (actually didnt know what he meant as my mechanical knowledge is limited) when he was looking about. Also mentioned he couldn't see anything wrong when using the bore scope..

Just praying when he's had a look and rings tommorow it's the best of a bad situation

Ph1 T
If it comes to it I've sourced a good engine from a lad on here so it could just mean the mapping and that lot will be on hold for a while now