ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Attemping boosted ph1

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
You now have a very restrictive inlet compared to the standard one (its got to come through a turbo and intercooler) and you have a very restrictive exhaust compared to the standard one (crap manifold and a turbo in the way) so its going to lose power, you probably will need about 3psi of boost just to get back to where you started more or less!

Ph1 T
Everything's come to a hault literally!! Passenger wheel came off while driving to work snapping 2 of the botls in the hub and ripping the other 2 out when going round a right hand bend!

Snapped wing and new hub along with whatever else it's Bent and messed up. Not happy to say the least

Ph1 T
Yeah sound luckily managed to get it nearly pulled up but was on a busy bypass literally a minute from work I ran down got impact gun managed to get 2 bolts back in once jacked up ect. Will be leaving it at work now and fitting new bits there. Fed up now

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Everything's come to a hault literally!! Passenger wheel came off while driving to work snapping 2 of the botls in the hub and ripping the other 2 out when going round a right hand bend!

Snapped wing and new hub along with whatever else it's Bent and messed up. Not happy to say the least

oops, you will only make that mistake once!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Wheel bolts not torgued correctly?

Sounds like it.
Or wrong spec of bolt, Ive had cheap stud kits come loose before even though I know they were done up correctly, it happened a couple times in fact on the same car which is how I knew it wasnt just a mistake. Thats why I will NEVER use those cheap stud kits ever again!

Ph1 T
I know I was lucky really every other day I get the motorway too and today the road from mine was closed so went down the back lanes. Could definitely been a lot worse.

Car needs new wing,hub more than likely disk just to start with

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Its almost always the passenger side that comes undone, so at least it tends to punt you off the road away from traffic not towards it, lol

you still got the cup to use for bits?

Ph1 T
No ffs! New I should of took every little bit off left hubs track rods all sorts just looked a mess on drive so got rid

I know yeah think I will andy

172 cup, Impreza P1
I've heard of a few people losing wheels on track when the wheel bolts have been torqued up correctly but the heat in the hub has loosened them off and the wheel has overtaken them going into the hairpin.

It happened to me when I used wheels that had been powder coated on the hub face. Wheel never came off fully but all the bolts were loose.

Glad it wasn't worse and don't let this small setback put you off. These things are sent to try your resolve and commitment.

Ph1 T
Im trying not to mate its just getting to me abit at minute these things with having come so far now near the end stuffs going wrong fingers crossed this is the last of it..

Got a driveshaft and hub with disk and caliper coming tonight so after work tommorow will be fitting and fingers crossed everything drives okay. id be suprised if it hasnt bent anything else though although i was probably only doing 15mph when the wheel came off..

Ph1 T
Ta Dan

With the new shaft does it just slot in? i know i did my last one but it didnt just drop straight in,, should it or should you have to wiggle it a little when putting into the box.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah just wiggle it a bit on the way in, should go in fairly easily TBH I cant say I have ever had an issue

Ph1 T
Fu*king getting fed up now just started to undo and fit new bits the bleeding hub that I got delivered was wrong side and the shaft the ph1 hub nut won't go on so I guess that's different to.

The new one has a 20mm thread diameter and my old knackered one has a 16mm :/

Ph1 T
ally pipes turner up to have welded onto the sump midweek pushing it i know car goes in saturday. also got my silicone ductiong so i can fit my K&N along with all the stuff to get my water feed/return connected upto the turbo and stuff to connect my catch tank up..

new ph1 driveshaft will be with me monday thanks to DannyR so will finally get the shaft and hub fitted and be able to nring it home from work..

How people cope without a car is beyond me

Ph1 T
Fitted new shaft and hub today really had trouble fitting the hub to wishbone it's as though something's not right to fit but it's a ph1 shaft hub wishbone ect all I want think its its slightly Bent when wheel came off. Can't get the bolts closest to the hub so sit perfectly no matter how tight I get it.

Effects it's having or something's causing:

Pulling to left badly
Pulls all over when braking hard
If you put your ear upto the wheel
Can hear a slight tapping but can't from inside ect it's not like the old knocking driveshaft sound a light tapping :/

Ph1 T
There we have it car delivered to scoff at efi time to let him work his magic will post results next weekend

Ph1 T
Cheers lads. Hoping we have no problems and everything runs smoothly the numbers scoffs aiming for sound decent but most of all the drive home should be epic

Ph1 T
Pick up sat/sun tbh I should of got it done before as would of been easier on the rollers. Will be getting done the week after mate

Ph1 T
I had already bought my ecu which cost me £450 then bought a semi assembled loom for £75

Scoff has quoted me £600 for the work much better price than rs tuning which was the only local on to me