ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Attemping boosted ph1

Ph1 T
Lol no worries

Steve what would you suggest best way to get the pulleys off 18mm socket in Hilti impact gun and mole grips on end of cam?

Then that hex bit in impact gun and same again hold cam with grips

Don't need cams btw

Clio 172
f**k sake Dan you've had some s**t luck. Fair play to the other Dan for the offer and being a true friend there. Hope you manage to get this all sorted and together for Bedford as I want a run out in it.

Ph1 T
I know fair play to him although he did sell me a shed ;) haha joking I love the car it is great..

Tell me about luck starting to think I should change my hobby lol

Clio 172
I know fair play to him although he did sell me a shed ;) haha joking I love the car it is great..

Tell me about luck starting to think I should change my hobby lol

My run of success with cars has never been great. But as 'they' say sometime your luck has to change.

Ph1 T
Just got off the phone to scoff slightly happier tbh.

He gave me 2 options either send him another head and he can just fit it straight on or he can take my head to a local engine company he uses to have mine fully cleaned out have something done to the valves cant remember lol and get that plug thread helicoiled so it threads in perfect.

Ive decided to have the work done on my head no idea why just feel happier doing that than having one of an engine i know nothing about when i know the complete history on this one ect it may have cost abit more but ill have piece of mind. Its going to the engine shop tommorow and scoffs going to have the engine built back up as soon as he gets it back. Then finish off the loom 50% done and onto some mapping so were aiming at the start of next week aslong as NO more problems. Please lol

Ph1 T
i didnt mate youve seen everything thats been going off so heads being all over place i can get you one once i get car back. the weld is perfect ill send some over as soon as its back

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Just got off the phone to scoff slightly happier tbh.

He gave me 2 options either send him another head and he can just fit it straight on or he can take my head to a local engine company he uses to have mine fully cleaned out have something done to the valves cant remember lol and get that plug thread helicoiled so it threads in perfect.

Ive decided to have the work done on my head no idea why just feel happier doing that than having one of an engine i know nothing about when i know the complete history on this one ect it may have cost abit more but ill have piece of mind. Its going to the engine shop tommorow and scoffs going to have the engine built back up as soon as he gets it back. Then finish off the loom 50% done and onto some mapping so were aiming at the start of next week aslong as NO more problems. Please lol

Love it when a plan comes together :)

172 cup, Impreza P1
Lol no worries

Steve what would you suggest best way to get the pulleys off 18mm socket in Hilti impact gun and mole grips on end of cam?

Then that hex bit in impact gun and same again hold cam with grips

Don't need cams btw

To get the pulleys off you are best to lock them using the locking tools and then use a buzz gun. I was going to say I could send them down but you but sounds like scoff is sorting you out so you are in safe hands. No worries about the head too, its there if you need it for some reason later.

Hope all goes well tomorrow and you re back on track.

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
you putting a thicker head gasket on whilst its apart mate? that what i plan eventually so it can run more boost safer

Ph1 T
C9E88FA7-8AA6-450A-92CE-0D013DD59880-9747-0000043FF170745E.jpg

Head all back from having work done. It had actually bent a valve so scoffs ordered a new one for tommorow, really could of done without all this as he has more cars coming in this weekend so not going to be able to focus as much on mine :(

Ph1 T
Head done and built back up new valve fitted looks mint to me :)

52F89501-50BA-4ABF-B16A-B7FE66ED49A7-207-00000009C8EFE48B.jpg

Hoping to fire her up tonight praying everything's good

Ph1 T
Hopefully pal he has a scheduled car coming in tommorow for the week so working around them both done for sat he says :)

Ph1 T
Yep scoffs been great Tbf sorted a few bits he found that didn't think would be suitable when boosted so sorted them straight out and told me about it once he'd done it :) lol

Ph1 T
The mapping and loom was £600

obviously my head went bang the other day so its cost quite a chunk for that with scoffs time ect taking old one off fiting bits and putting all back together also the price for the engine build company working on it. allthough i can put my money on him being cheaper than alot of people out there!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Scoff has just let me know that the engine is back together and IS running like a dream :))

I knew Scoff would do you proud when I sent you his way mate, glad its all worked out so quickly in the end :)

You going to be at bedford in it in 2 weeks so that we can have a bit of a turbo tear up?

Ph1 T
He's been great stayed till about 9 some nights to get me stuff done,

Gotta thank Steven and you for the recommendation.

Chip ill be there but don't think I'm on track honestly not a penny to my name after this. Be good to meet you tho and see the turbo after the build (try and blag a pass lap) ;)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Chip ill be there but don't think I'm on track honestly not a penny to my name after this. Be good to meet you tho and see the turbo after the build (try and blag a pass lap) ;)

Its been sold out for a while now so if you havent already booked you deffo wont be on track.

Should be able to take you for a passenger ride I would think, as all being well with the car I intend to use it a fair bit during the day.

I'll be going out for lots of small doses I think, so do two or three laps and then back in, as I want to keep an eye on temps and see if there are any fluid leaks etc after doing so much work to it, so there should be quite a few times I can take someone out.

Ph1 T
Ahh right no then I won't be on track.

Yeah no worries if you can't squeeze me will still be a decent run out and good day weather depending :)