ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Attemping boosted ph1

Johnpacey1

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Alright Dan,

Been reading this thread for a while and was expecting to see you Sunday but heard about the head trouble, sorry to hear about it.

Hope it all gets sorted mate and all goes smoothly for you.

Hopefully see it at the next TOPO meet.

Ph1 T
Alright Dan,

Been reading this thread for a while and was expecting to see you Sunday but heard about the head trouble, sorry to hear about it.

Hope it all gets sorted mate and all goes smoothly for you.

Hopefully see it at the next TOPO meet.

Cheers dude. Shame I couldn't get Sunday tbh. Will organise another soon and try and make it this time lol,

I'm expecting to pick it up sat could be erlier at this rate :)

Ph1 T
Lol getting excited now but it's still not done so in my eyes that means there still can be problems lol

172 cup, Impreza P1
With the setbacks you've had its not surprising you're a bit nervous. I was too and don't think for a minute I've not had setbacks as I'm sure most have with projects like this but you'll just appreciate it more when you get it running the way you want it to.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
With the setbacks you've had its not surprising you're a bit nervous. I was too and don't think for a minute I've not had setbacks as I'm sure most have with projects like this but you'll just appreciate it more when you get it running the way you want it to.

My recent forged build and put back together and mapping has all gone totally and utterly without any sign of a problem at all.
First thing I said to a good mate of mine when talking about it was "This isnt good news it must be saving all the bad luck up to hit me with one huge problem instead of lots of little ones"

Genuinely sat here just waiting for something major to go wrong as its all a bit spooky everything working perfectly, no matter how well you plan it there is normally some issue along the way!

Im currently expecting my sump to fall off at bedford going into a high speed bend, oil the track, my rear wheels hit it, slide out, burst into flames, die.

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
My recent forged build and put back together and mapping has all gone totally and utterly without any sign of a problem at all.
First thing I said to a good mate of mine when talking about it was "This isnt good news it must be saving all the bad luck up to hit me with one huge problem instead of lots of little ones"

Genuinely sat here just waiting for something major to go wrong as its all a bit spooky everything working perfectly, no matter how well you plan it there is normally some issue along the way!

Im currently expecting my sump to fall off at bedford going into a high speed bend, oil the track, my rear wheels hit it, slide out, burst into flames, die.

Wish I could say the same about BJ! New problem every time I turn the key!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Wish I could say the same about BJ! New problem every time I turn the key!

Flol.

Felt like it went really well when you took me out in it monday night, other than the clutch starting to slip once it got hot :(

Should be a cracking little car when its done, despite all that LAG!

172 cup, Impreza P1

You're not a complete novice and know your way around an engine more than most. I seem to have developed a leak from my sump around the seal after putting it back together. All bolts tightened up correctly and to the correct torque with a new seal. You had any issues?

Most of my issues were things I had taken for granted that they were right before buying my engine. I found this not the case and so went back to the beginning and second time lucky so far so good. Unfortunately, just like Dan found my issues out during mapping and so have to return to finish the job but this has given me a chance to upgrade a few things that I wasn't happy with during the first mapping session.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
You're not a complete novice and know your way around an engine more than most.

Despite that though mate, even most people with experience still normally get the occasional issue, its just one of those things.

I seem to have developed a leak from my sump around the seal after putting it back together. All bolts tightened up correctly and to the correct torque with a new seal. You had any issues?
Yes, use a bit of a rtv on the parts where the are joins, there are 4 "cracks" you can see, put a small amount of sealant on there. If its not a new seal you can also put a THIN smear of sealant all the way round, but use sparingly or it will end up in the oil pickup pipe.

Most of my issues were things I had taken for granted that they were right before buying my engine. I found this not the case and so went back to the beginning and second time lucky so far so good. Unfortunately, just like Dan found my issues out during mapping and so have to return to finish the job but this has given me a chance to upgrade a few things that I wasn't happy with during the first mapping session.

Yeah mapping is where the car gets really hammered, im quite lucky in that respect in that I do most of the mapping on the road first which means I find a lot of the issues before I pay for rolling road time, but Ive still had problems on the rollers before, its just unavoidable ultimately no matter how careful you try and be.

Ph1 T
So ill more than likely find and other bits out whats wrong if anything when it's on the RR after mapping

Ph1 T
:clap: The cars running boost :)

were tweaking it a little bit now and just going over everything tommorow will be picking up saturday :)

Ph1 T
The results:

06BA1906-F241-4380-A8D2-647CCF29CC88-1850-000000A004E47A8D.jpg

The car is unreal quick never driven anything like this before lol best start getting used to it :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I reckon the civic would have ya, lol not. Bet that flies, oh and I thought you were gonna pop in :(

Ph1 T
It does pulls just unreal can't wait to get it out on track. I see what you mean other day when talking about torque steer/spinning wheels up all down to controlling the throttle

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Well done, after all the issues it's finally sorted, at least the figure is genuine being done by scoff.

i await "I want more power" thread :p