ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Attemping boosted ph1

Ph1 T
Lol forge build will be commencing towards the end of the year..

I need some heat shield urgently but obviously it won't arrive till Tuesday now is there anything I could get from any shops to put on temporary to protect the pipes/cables

Ph1 T
Will get some chucked on got to be better than nothing, chip what boost you running on your new build?

Radical SR3
Dan you have pm. Please let me know on the thermostat housing (where you sent it) and I will just buy one off ebay so I can get it welded up and my car running.

Im going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you did post it out and royal mail lost it...which is a pain in the arse!

Radical SR3
I dont doubt it...and he's had an interesting few weeks. Im still hoping I can track it down to go with the custom inlet off his donor car. Only posting on here as he doesnt always respond to pms.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Will get some chucked on got to be better than nothing, chip what boost you running on your new build?

It leaks at 24psi but that's only briefly, most of the rev range is 12-14. Have a look on my thread for graphs etc.

Ph1 T
Is it normal that I can't get a mpg reading on the dash other bits work just doesn't come up with mpg for some reason?

172 cup, Impreza P1
Cause your original ecu isn't controlling the fueling any more, it's your Omex that's doing that.

Sounds like you're a happy chappy now mate. Well done on the build. Get a vid up soon! :D

Ph1 T
Ah right okay... Yeah very happy although few little bits and bobs to sort still like my return oil pipe where it bends its slightly kinked so I think it's not flowing as it should be, tiny bit of oil getting burnt nothing too bad would just rather it be perfect :)

Ill get a video up tommorow :p

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Are you booked on Bedford in the end? Sorry if you've already said, I speak to so many people off here its hard to remember who said what.

Johnpacey1

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I was parked next to you today in GSF mate. Mahoosive 'cooler on front!!

Whats happening with your wing?

Ph1 T
Pics needed? Any problems yet?

Burnt through brake vac pipe as soon as picked it up due to no heatshield but that's my fault,,,

The car runs fine and no problems yet although its lumpy at cold but that may just be how it's gonna be

Ph1 T
Chucked £30 in this week pulled a steady 170 mix of giving it some blasting on boost and steady driving.. Bloody good to me that

Ph1 T
Just knocked a list up of work that's going to be getting done in April (new tax year) should be spot on for Germany at the end of may after this lot..

Tracking
Camber bolts
Standard brake vac pipe
One way brake valve
Fit new tyres in garage
Aero catches
Refurb coilovers new adjuster collars
Fit ph2 dash
Re do doorcards
Get track wheels with slicks
Pass brake line braided
Bleed brakes fit dot 5.1 fluid
New wing

That's the plans getting the car ready for how I want it to start getting the trackdays in should be pretty decent at that..

Then comes the wrapping :p

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Shouldnt be lumpy at all at idle really, mine is very very slightly now its on 197 cams, but on the 172 cams it purred like a standard car (well a decent mapped standard car, better than a standard map, lol)

Do you have a wideband? If not then get one.

Your plans sound sensible to me, no point chasing power without having had some seat time as it is, should be quick already.

Last edited:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ah right okay... Yeah very happy although few little bits and bobs to sort still like my return oil pipe where it bends its slightly kinked so I think it's not flowing as it should be, tiny bit of oil getting burnt nothing too bad would just rather it be perfect :)

Ill get a video up tommorow :p

You will kill the turbo if you keep that kinked pipe on there, so change it sooner rather than later.

Ph1 T
Shouldnt be lumpy at all at idle really, mine is very very slightly now its on 197 cams, but on the 172 cams it purred like a standard car (well a decent mapped standard car, better than a standard map, lol)

Do you have a wideband? If not then get one.

Your plans sound sensible to me, no point chasing power without having had some seat time as it is, should be quick already.

Something's not right then as it is really lumpy boggy from cold. No I haven't ill have to get one then.

I'm not bothered about more power tbh just want it running handling and braking mint and should be a really good strong car on track..

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Sounds like it just needs to go back to scoff for some tweaks to the cold start map then, or something has changed since if it wasnt like that before? (vac pipe come off fuel reg or whatever for example)

Ph1 T
It's always been like it tbh mate.. Does run an ICV yeah.. Will drop scoff an email see what he thinks about it..

172 cup, Impreza P1
Mine wasn't great on a cold start but I had no ICV connected so this was an issue. Mine needed a small tweak to get it right which I will get when its back down with the new turbo setup.

R5GTT, 2L turbo
One of the problems I have in the new workshop is that it doesn't get much colder than 8° over night so it's hard to test for really cold starting sorry. It was good at 8° and had hoped it would be fine in colder weather. Omes 600 also doesn't offer much in the way of cold start features, no post crank enrichment vs. temperature, so it means you must program a little richer than normal for cold weather so that it doesn't stall imediately after cranking.

It's annoying really, I'm fussy about these things and as I often do I left the car on the dyno over night so I could jump in the next day and drive from cold to observe it. All was well, but as mentioned above I couldn't test for the very cold days.

I've asked Dan to describe exactly where or how it's lumpy, I might be able to email him a new cal to try but as anyone who programs standalone knows it's trial and error. 100's of hours programming in the OEM compared with about 7 in the standalone.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Scoff, agreed totally, full power mapping is a piece of cake, getting a very modified car to drive like factory is a lot harder, and you are unlikely to find many customers wanting to pay for a few days in a climactic chamber to do it.

Ph1 T
The car drives lovely once warm it is just that first 5 minutes say in a morning when really cold..

I've emailed you back Chris about exactly what it does. I find first time start it will stall after a few seconds unless I give it a few revs only for about 30 secs not complaining whatsoever btw mate :)