ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Attemping boosted ph1

Cup In bits
2 different makes I believe of SMI and TRW, what the differences are I couldn't say. Renault ask the question when ordering parts as their not sure what's fitted themselves half the time.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
He loves it really. Tell you what though this should be a sticky that gets instantly flagged up when people ask 'is it worth the 12 pound membership?'

Ph1 T
Definitely mate been alot of people give help/advice that I'm grateful for,

Defo feel like I'm able to do a hell of alot more on the car myself though and will give pretty much anything a go bar Cambelt.

Ph1 T
Had a hour or so under the car today set out to find out where the stupid knocks and noises were coming from at the front end as tbh they were making me hate the car..

Anyway end result im happy :) Turns out part was the custom rad there was movement and it was knocking on the subframe a tie wrap in each corner has sorted that and its solid now. Next the engine/gearbox was knocking also plenty of play in the gear lever, turns out id only put 1 of the bolts back in the black bit which the dogbone mount connect to upto the engine. Put the other bolt back in and everything fully tightened up.

Not a single knock in site after ive just been out in it really put a smile on my face also driving alot better at lower revs as its not jerking engine around like mad and making hideous noises :)

Ph1 T
To the steering rack issue this is the bit the squelch noise is coming from i undid the gaiter btw:

D55B2604-311A-4071-8AB9-5F671B84208E-1881-000000BDEF1695E3.jpg

You cant hear a single thing in the cab though the only way i can tell theres something wrong is the sharp steering is ever so loose and sways.

I think im going to go for a new rack and see how i get on

Ph1 T
Oh and a pointless video of what the engine sounds like and no movement in it which was my key aim :)

th_0BC0C57B-A017-4DD0-9683-5096C0E75412-1881-000000BE030F180C.jpg

Excuse the makeshift vac pipe ive bought one from MWM but postage playing up hope to have it monday along with some nimbus ive finally got :)

Ph1 T
My social life last few week is embarrasing mate lol

So glad the knocking sorted though. i used to change gear it would clunk bang gearstick vibrate abit then set off lol Now perfect smooth gearshifts and set off its perfect :)

Just need to get this steering bit sorted and im sound..

Defo doing one in april. But im going to also have to book it at the start of april so if you fancy booking a late one at end of april thats good for me

Ph1 T
Few bits done this week

Fitted new wing and my nimbus heatshield..

Also re fitted the eibach 25mm spacers then the day after the exact same side came loose as last time so leaving them and just ordered some 25s from MAD on here look a decent bit of kit and light too...

Read about the stud and nut kit being better for track cars so going to look into that now.. Although not 100% sure on how they fit tbh

Having a busy month on the car getting it ready for blyton on the 21st April :)

Ph1 T
Shame to say it but I think I'm going to start splitting the ph1 tonight..

Been out today either clutch/box has had it can't get in gear well can just about if absolutely ram it in and it won't go into reverse whatsoever..

Along with steering and water leak issues I've had enough now

Ph1 T
Money and just haven't got the time I'm going to chuck a spare clutch I've got in tonight and if its fine then happy times if not it'll go

Ph1 T
I'm literally gutted ATM and haven't a clue what to do I have a clutch here but what's to say I put this one on and another month down the line it goes again..

This is my only car ATM which is why it's such a pain and I can't afford a 6 paddle clutch yet which is what it needs..

Think I'm just going to sleep on it and see what I think in morning

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Don't follow the trend! I did nearly 5k in mine not knowing the history of the clutch and it never gave me any trouble, I'm sure the clutch will sort it.

HBT 172 Cup
Just buy a helix 4 paddle friction plate and use the OE cover plate, its tried and tested to hold ample power and torque. and costs £160 ish from memory.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Just buy a helix 4 paddle friction plate and use the OE cover plate, its tried and tested to hold ample power and torque. and costs £160 ish from memory.

Or get a half decent secondhand one if cash is really tight (personally I would pay the new price not to have to take the time off but I have more spare money than spare time if it was when I was younger I'd have been over the moon with a secondhand bargain though):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Helix-4-p...arParts_M&fits=Model:Clio&hash=item4ac33029b8

By no means new of course but has still certainly got a good few miles in it, it was working on my engine with way more power than you have, only time it slipped very slightly was the very last night that I drove it and I gave it over 2 bar of boost a fair bit that evening.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Lobbed it on ebay to see what I would get for it TBH without a figure in mind but I will do you the following deal:

Price 0 pounds including postage if you fit it and keep the car till gone the end of 2013, as im happy to sponsor you it just to stop you breaking the car

Price 0 pounds including postage if you fit it and it slips, just send it back (i can get it repaddled)

Price 100 pounds including postage if it doesnt slip and you sell or break the car before end of 2013.

Ph1 T
Deal.. If the engine blows ect anything major and I don't end up keeping I send you £100...

Top man really are that's great..

​ill pm you

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Deal.. If the engine blows ect anything major and I don't end up keeping I send you £100...

Top man really are that's great..

​ill pm you

Wouldnt want your money if your engine blew, would feel sorry for you, just want your money if you give up in a girly hissy fit.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Don't split it Dan. Get the commuter you were talking about and keep the Clio.

And if you do split it, text me first and I'll make some space in the boot of the M3! ;) Serious btw.

Ph1 T
Just sat down,, got the engine to a state where its ready to be lifted straight out in the morning :)

while its out and of the road for the week ill be sorting a few niggles too..

The 4 paddle im kindly getting off chip will be fitted as soon as get it then engine back in at the weekend

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Chip is a genuinely good man. He's the reason i've still got my mk1.