ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aucky's Trophy.. Progress Thread

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Whiteline ARB fitted today =]
I love walking up to the car from behind now :p

IMG00101-20101016-1225.jpg

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Have to do a brief write up when you get a chance. I was tempted by them but didn't bother in the end/

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah for sure big guy. Thing is, the Trophy is quite pointy and I thought it may make it a bit too pointy and twitchy tbh. So why I'm keen on hereing Aucky POV.

Jap Shed
lush! was goin to get one of these before i test drove an EK9, look after her and she will treat you well.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah for sure big guy. Thing is, the Trophy is quite pointy and I thought it may make it a bit too pointy and twitchy tbh. So why I'm keen on hereing Aucky POV.
Haven't had chance to show some corners yet. I'll probably go for a run out tomorrow night

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
The generic pictures they show have 3 adjustment holes (soft, med, hard). However for the clio there are just 2 holes. I've set it on the softer of the two to begin with, easily changed, but I can feel the difference already.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
This is very strange as I was just thinking maybe I will fit a whiteline rear ARB to see if the back end settles down so I dont need to go down the coilover route. I'm extremely interested to see your thoughts on the rear ARB addition to the already good trophy chassis

Great to see another trophy in good condition I'm just about to start a progress thread for mine

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
This is very strange as I was just thinking maybe I will fit a whiteline rear ARB to see if the back end settles down so I dont need to go down the coilover route. I'm extremely interested to see your thoughts on the rear ARB addition to the already good trophy chassis

Great to see another trophy in good condition I'm just about to start a progress thread for mine

Huh? You've just said on CT you're selling it (Again).

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I went for a drive yesturday.. so heres my verdict:

Its...AWESOME!
It just so point-and-go!
On the really tight (say, 40-50mph bends) its just hold on and on and on, its like a train on rails.
I can feel there is more lateral sheer force acting on the rear tyres, but not enough for them to let go. On a track situation.. I guess it would be more prone to lift off oversteer, but its nothing scary and its still progressive enough. Its not as progressive as standard (all the weight on the front slowly moving into slight understeer) but I'd say the overall grip and handling has improved.
Would I recommend? Yes.

ur megane r26
lovely motor, probably my favourite 182 let alone trophy I have seen mate, fancy coming and working some wonders on my paintwork :eek: ha

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Looks great mate, awesome Trophy. I really want to try a whiteline but have other things to spend money on atm :dapprove:

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
lovely car with some great mods. Have you ever tried the mark fish suspension setup?
No, I'm on the look out for second hand but I'm in no rush. I don't need it any harder than it already is tbh.

Whats it like with the decat? just bought one for my RS192 system on my trophy :)
Love it tbh. Feels a lot more eager and responsive. The only downside being a sort of boomy bass noise in the cabin on idle.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Some big updates since my last post:

• Gearbox oil changed (castrol 75w-80)
  • Engine oil changed (Fuchs Pro S)
  • Plugs changed (NGK Platinum)
  • Brembo HC discs
  • Ferrodo DS2500 pads (565H ''Fred'' fitment)
  • Goodrige braided lines and Fuchs fluid
  • 4 x Hankook V12 Evo tyres
  • 4 x Brand new Renault Trophy Turinis (not arrived yet. could take 6 months to be made because Renault France have none left)
  • Uprated engine mounts
  • JMS RS2 intake manifold

3a0ad865.jpg

19ea7ab7.jpg

de94008e.jpg

Still on the shopping / to-do list:

• Live map at RS Tuning
  • Take delivery of Turinis
  • Refurb front dampers
  • Replace rear dampers with either OEM or Koni adjustables (I can't decide!)
  • New rear discs and pads
  • Coolant flush

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
Stunning example of a trophy. Looking forward to seeing the results from all the guys on the RS2 Manifold groupbuy.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
This weeks updates:

-Mapping by Paul at RS Tuning
-New brake pedal sensor
-New OE Sachs rear dampers

e6f2fd1e.jpg

425962e8.jpg

Yep, I think it was about time!