ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto Finesse product test 2 : Dressle

New sample from AF arrived in the week so poppped outside this morning to give it a go.

AF have said please don't be scared to say what you think...:eek: So i applied it to the front grill, various parts in the engine bay, Carbon wrapped centre cap and rear wiper cover.

And to be honest i found it quite shocking about on par with that s**tty dashboard shine you get from poundland!! It made the black plastic parts look clean, no shine, not even after a few layers. I could get the same results with just a damp cloth.

BUT it works bloody wonders on coloured silicone hoses(forge etc) it cleans them very well and really brings out the colour whilst adding a deep gloss look:cool:
Its a must try the results are great.

It also removes the dull look from carbon wrap and adds a nice sheen to it. I don't really get this product as there is so many good ones already on the market.

Something is missing? Also very watery, look forward to Auto finesse's input on this product.

Few pictures can't see much difference tbh

DSCF2218_zps3d7d1d7c.jpg

BEFORE
DSCF2219_zpsefb2ed9a.jpg

AFTER
DSCF2236_zpsbcc01ae2.jpg

BEFORE
DSCF2222_zpsf111e95a.jpg

AFTER
DSCF2230_zps540b8980.jpg

BEFORE
DSCF2223_zps2714a10f.jpg

DSCF2224_zps69640691.jpg

AFTER

DSCF2228_zpsfe1afc45.jpg

BEFORE
DSCF2220_zps43fd75b0.jpg

AFTER
DSCF2238_zps73414e2a.jpg

BEFORE
DSCF2226_zps93a32923.jpg

AFTER (With a clip missing)
DSCF2233_zps3c1b233d.jpg

BEFORE
DSCF2225_zps390d12ff.jpg

AFTER
DSCF2232_zpsb5791054.jpg

BEFORE
DSCF2227_zps5570e7c4.jpg

AFTER
DSCF2235_zps4e5770f3.jpg

A few of how well it brings up the blue silicone hose..

DSCF2229_zps2d38b886.jpg

DSCF2231_zps39eb6432.jpg

DSCF2237_zps073bcaf7.jpg

DSCF2239_zps3fafde1a.jpg

Overall unimpressed, compared to some of AF's products i have used over the last few weeks.

Personally i think it should be a silicone hose cleaner/enhancer.

Cheers

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Did you use it as a dressing or did you clean the parts with it?

From those pics it does give a natural satin look, I wonder if it'll maintain that look after a couple of washes

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
On some (majority?) of those pics, I can't see any differences??

just wacked a bit on a micro fibre and rubbed it in to clean it then applied a few more coats with a clean microfibre and buffed off. (maybe i done it wrong?)

Yes Daniel barely any difference if any lol

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I wasn't impressed with it either mate. Too watery, may aswell just use a damp cloth as u said

Hey guys,

Sorry for the late reply, we were at the NEC the past few days for the Classic car show, annnyway enough of my excuses. I hear what you guys are saying, the problem is the product was designed to be sprayed on to soak then the excess wiped off after a few minutes. it needs a couple of moments to soak in to the surface to take effect, on engine bays you can literally spray and walk away, the same with wheel arches. The only place you would apply to a applicator or cloth and apply would be an interior, in such case it would only leave a subtle change (maybe even the surface out a little) for a more natural finish.

The feedback we have had from professional detailers has been vastly different from that you have reported here, and I think it has a lot to do with them having the product in its actual retail packaging rather than a small sample.

I think what Id like to do is offer Martin and JD, a full 500ml in the bottle with the trigger, and let you guys try it as described above and see how you get on. I'm extremely confident in the product its self and what it can do, maybe we need to go a little further in the way we advise it to be used/applied. If you guys are up for giving it another whirl Id like to see if we can get it to work for you.

James

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Hey guys,

Sorry for the late reply, we were at the NEC the past few days for the Classic car show, annnyway enough of my excuses. I hear what you guys are saying, the problem is the product was designed to be sprayed on to soak then the excess wiped off after a few minutes. it needs a couple of moments to soak in to the surface to take effect, on engine bays you can literally spray and walk away, the same with wheel arches. The only place you would apply to a applicator or cloth and apply would be an interior, in such case it would only leave a subtle change (maybe even the surface out a little) for a more natural finish.

The feedback we have had from professional detailers has been vastly different from that you have reported here, and I think it has a lot to do with them having the product in its actual retail packaging rather than a small sample.

I think what Id like to do is offer Martin and JD, a full 500ml in the bottle with the trigger, and let you guys try it as described above and see how you get on. I'm extremely confident in the product its self and what it can do, maybe we need to go a little further in the way we advise it to be used/applied. If you guys are up for giving it another whirl Id like to see if we can get it to work for you.

James

I used mine with a spray head however it goes all over the bodywork? I'll try it for a few minutes again. I couldn't find a guide online for it so just had to guess how to work it. Nice to have a reply though:)

Auto Finesse - incredibly kind offer, accepted gratefully. I'll PM you.

So this product, to compare it to a competitor now I know it's spray on, leave, buff, has the same use as 303 Aerospace?

Engine bay detail is on the cards for early Dec, when I have the space, so will use it then.

Also, it'll be a good top up to my C4'd arches.

Perhaps, as suggested, an update to how it should be used and provided with a trigger spray (appreciate that's difficult if you're sending out smaller samples!).

Yes James im willing to try it again in the spray version.

Shall then do the process you said about spraying and leaving before wiping off,and shall spray and leave the bay;)

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
One thing I will say though. These professional detailers are obviously gonna kiss ass so to speak to get more freebies;)

also so let's be honest, are your products aimed at pros or amateurs? Most of us here are amatuers

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
If you are on the original chosen panel when the first sample"spirit" was sent out there was a letter saying you have 1 month to review the product .

If not you will be removed from the panel. But if you do it with in limit and post it in the detailing section on here they will send out the next sample.;)

Correct. If you can't be arsed to do a review then why should u get more free products?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I'm glad I read this thread before giving mine ago.

Unfortunately it's just been raining non stop here so I can't get mine on yet. Can someone do an opposite rain dance.

Correct. If you can't be arsed to do a review then why should u get more free products?

Rather presumptious. Some don't have the time/space to do it within a month, but may possess the knowledge to test it properly, when they do have time ;)

Please note - the wink means it's a jokey post.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Lol, of course jd. I just presume a lot of folk were in it for the freebies. I'm in it to test new products and help out the company. It's good to see what else is out there, good or bad

Hi Every one just to confirm,

If you received the Spirit wax and a sample you have until next week to complete a review to then receive a new sample next month. If you have done a review and havent received a sample of Dressle yet please let me know via PM and I will get one out to you (if you could include a link to your review it would really help me out) Sorry I have been trying to keep on top of it, forgive me if I have missed you out. I have 4 packs of Dressle being sent out today to people who have completed reviews for the first months products

Any question do not hesitate to ask
Thanks Sian

Edit: PS Martin thanks for your detailed review :)

Hi Every one just to confirm,

If you received the Spirit wax and a sample you have until next week to complete a review to then receive a new sample next month. If you have done a review and havent received a sample of Dressle yet please let me know via PM and I will get one out to you (if you could include a link to your review it would really help me out) Sorry I have been trying to keep on top of it, forgive me if I have missed you out. I have 4 packs of Dressle being sent out today to people who have completed reviews for the first months products

Any question do not hesitate to ask
Thanks Sian

Edit: PS Martin thanks for your detailed review :)

Thanks for the extension, James and Team. I should be able to get out this weekend. Sodding London life :(

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I was thinking that 303 comparison JD. AS does Pizzaz that is a spray dressing and very very good.

They are great products for engine bays and arches.

Hi James

Shall update this thread the weekend when im off work.

Thanks again for supplying it me in retail form. :)

interior and exterior tests to come.

Any update on how you guys got on with the product in its retail form following the application advise I mentioned?

James

Hi James,

No so far sadly, no - didn't get a chance this weekend due to many many miles. I have booked this in for Sunday 15th Dec for an engine bay detail (lots of plastic), as well as a full wheels off detail on the weekend I return home for Xmas (21/22nd Dec). Full write up to come then.

Beading on Spirit is looking good, tighter than C2V3 and still looks good in comparison to Illusion, depth wise!!

TAKE TWO

So i set about trying Dressle again today (Thanks AF for the bottle). I used it on both the 182 and DCI , this time round i used a shampoo and water mix to pre clean as i don't have any fancy stuff:rasp:.

I done both engine bays by spraying on and leaving for 1 hour then wiping off the excess and i take back any previous comments it is bloody good stuff it gives such a wet look finish and i'm massively impressed.

Not many before pictures sorry.

DSCF2220_zps43fd75b0.jpg

After

DSCF2295_zpsc398812b.jpg

DSCF2296_zps64bc75dc.jpg

DSCF2294_zps585fc8ea.jpg

DSCF2297_zpse4c09091.jpg

DSCF2298_zps1a93fe9f.jpg

Before on the lower grill

DSCF2303_zpsb57f150f.jpg

After (maybe could do with layering it)

DSCF2316_zpsf9b35261.jpg

DSCF2317_zps809e9580.jpg

DSCF2312_zpsdc8c25b9.jpg

Couple of other random parts with Dressle on

DSCF2309_zps448edbfb.jpg

DSCF2311_zpsc7426b0f.jpg

DSCF2310_zpsfff62c03.jpg

The DCI before

DSCF2279_zps69d5840d.jpg

DSCF2281_zps34355de2.jpg

DSCF2280_zpsab58b20c.jpg

After

DSCF2290_zps73094140.jpg

DSCF2292_zps9939132e.jpg

DSCF2293_zps61b3aad3.jpg

DSCF2306_zpsc1fe6819.jpg

DSCF2291_zps5de29c71.jpg

Couple of shiny ones

DSCF2307_zps86cae6e6.jpg

DSCF2314_zps1e9e1987.jpg

All in all so far i like Dressle but saying that i have never tried anything else lol other than whacking tyre gel on everything:eek:

Shall try it on the interior tomorrow or Monday and report back.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I have Dressel, i will be trying it on the bumpers of my Vauxhall Combo Van.

Shall apply another coat tomorrow on the bay and exterior parts.

Hope it works well on the interior.