ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto Finesse Product test: Verso APC

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Product Test Verso.

A little bit about the product:

Verso all purpose cleaner is our concentrate dilute to suit APC that can tackle all types of situations from engine bay degreasing to interior cleaning tasks, safe on all surfaces, simply dilute with water to suit the intended use.

Intended usage:

Interior cleaning: 10:1
Simply spray on to a microfiber towel and wipe the surface down, if necessary for heavy soiling, spray directly on to the surface and agitate with a soft bristle brush before removing.

Fabric & carpet deep cleaning: 7:1
Spray on to the surface and agitate with an upholstery brush, before drying with microfiber towels.

Wheels : 5:1
Apply and rinse to remove lose build up first, reapply and brush in with a dedicated wheel brush, ensuring to brush in to the tyre wall too to remove old dressings. Rinse and dry.

Degreasing: 1:1
Spray and leave to dwell, if necessary agitate with brush then rinse, do not allow the solution to dry.

9y5e8u7a.jpg

With the roads being as they are and the Holiday season I've not kept on top keeping the car clean and left the Auto Finesse Spirit Wax to do its thing.

Just before Xmas the next product test dropped through the door:

be8udy6e.jpg

I don't really 'wash' the car during the winter, rather I favour a jet wash rinse off as and when the car gets bad.

I applied the Verso to the rear of the car (screen, body work and bumper) as a 'pre wash' mixed 7:1 via a trigger spray

nunupysa.jpg

e5e9yhuh.jpg

avysu7yj.jpg

Left it to dwell for 5 min

zyzara7a.jpg

Then jet washed with no agitation leaving:

ara4y3e7.jpg

emymymet.jpg

My thoughts:

The product smells nice, sort of a pine smell and dilutes well meaning it should go a long way.

I've not used a dedicated Automotive APC before only the generic Tesco Daisy, Verso shifted the dirt much more effectively in my opinion and considering I didn't actually 'touch' the car it's left it pretty clean and is certainly as effective as Demon Shine RDS but with the added versatility of an APC.

It doesn't appear to have affected the Wax on the car with this dilution ratio.

It's certainly a Strong contender to be added to my collection.

I am still in 'Holiday mode' read as lazy, so I've not tackled the interior as yet, but will certainly be trying Verso on the interior plastics and in the engine bay and will update when I do.

Once again a big thanks to Auto Finesse go and check out their products at www.autofinesse.co.uk

I'd be interested to see whether that dilution ratio is wax safe - the comparison would be more against the likes of G101 from AutoSmart, rather than a dedicated PreWash like RDS or AF CP.

Great write up. Thanks for sharing, chap.

Correct, its an APC so those mentioned above are more likely contenders, Its not totally LSP safe (read that as not) as whilst at 10:1 it won't strip a wax or sealant in one use it will start to break down the protection and regular use would lead to it fully removing wax or sealant layers. However its not intended to be used as a pre spray (we have Citrus power for that) its supposed to be used for those "grubby" jobs, engine bay cleans, arches, or at a lesser rate, interior surfaces.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Correct, its an APC so those mentioned above are more likely contenders, Its not totally LSP safe (read that as not) as whilst at 10:1 it won't strip a wax or sealant in one use it will start to break down the protection and regular use would lead to it fully removing wax or sealant layers. However its not intended to be used as a pre spray (we have Citrus power for that) its supposed to be used for those "grubby" jobs, engine bay cleans, arches, or at a lesser rate, interior surfaces.

Just to confirm I realise it's not designed as a pre wash product, I was more interested to see its dirt shifting ability and the dirt on the outside was more so than the inside ;)

Spirit has been on the car for about 4 months now so is due a reapplication anyway.

The one spritz I used does not appear to have had a detrimental effect as a one off.

Going to use it on the headlining when I get a second and the door trims.

One thing I can say however is that it really shifts the dirt well!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
This stuff is brilliant for how far it goes, I mixed up a 10:1 ratio in a litre spray bottle, after doing the interior of the car, the wheels and diffuser, I had enough left to do my bathroom and oven top :eek:... And it's still not finished.

I think I'll use this in spring when I strip everything off the car to reapply