ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto Finesse Review - Imperial (new formula)

Hi guys,

Thanks again to Auto Finesse for the delivery and chance to test the new formula Imperial acid free intensive alloy wheel cleaner.

I've tried the previous incarnation before, when it was included in my waxybox a good few months back. I remember being impressed at the time as my wheels needed cutting back through the grime to seal back up again. Although in a poor state of repair, my wheels are rarely without protection.

On to the trial and 400 miles of B road blasts and motorway grime from the trip back up North on Thursday night - christening this weekend so prime one to get her cleaned up.

vutesehu.jpg

9umyhy4e.jpg

gusy2uje.jpg

Three tests here as I've found different dilutions work in different conditions.

1:10 for cleaning heavily soiled wheels
1:20 for cleaning light soiling
1:2 for calipers, tyres and it works jolly well on exhausts too!!

Very versatile product which is always useful, and means you don't have to reach for too many bottles or make up too many solutions.

Sprayed on (in the rain, standard NW weather);

8e7umyva.jpg

natygede.jpg

Agitated with my two go to accomplices;

qase6amu.jpg

Yet to try the Auto Finesse hog hair brushes so would be great if they were included at some point ;) (don't ask don't get!!!).

Calipers, tyres, tyre valve, back and front of wheels all agitated at various angles. The other nice thing about this product is that I've used it in hot conditions and it doesn't appear to dry that quickly. Having tested it in wet conditions, it also appears to cling well in 1:10 and 1:2 dilutions. 1:20 not so much but to be expected as it's near as dammit water!!

Jet washed clean;

a3e3uvem.jpg

6a7y6yhy.jpg

eve4yzyz.jpg

So all in all, as blasé as this is, it does what it says on the tin. To be expected from an AF product but not always the case with competitor products. Glad to have a decent supply of it as the v1 was used up on other cars pretty quickly! This one I'll be keeping for myself.

Next test once the weather bucks up next week, the new Essence wax and AF Glaze to be tested on this;

aqydy5em.jpg

Thanks all.

Jamie

Honda & VW
Interesting write up JD thanks.

Makes a a change to see a thread like this apposed to one of someone asking how best to clean this that and the other. Followed by poor advise and odd suggestions like 'warm cheese gets oil out of fabric'