ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AutoCar Review Of Fez ST (Clio Related)

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Any one read the review? Says that the cars ok but seeing as the Clios only a couple of hundred quid dearer every one will buy that!

Ford will kick themselves for not making an RS version.

[Edited by Matt16v on 01 February 2005 at 9:39am]

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Trouble is the RS version was going to work out around £18,000+

Thats why it got binned.

300bhp MR2 Turbo

I reckon it would still sell. Theres a VERY hardcore bunch of RS enthusiasts out there. Most of them think the Focus was cheap at £20k

Bit of consumer analasys wouldnt have gone a miss from Ford me thinks.

Still 1-0 to Renault for having the balls to put a really powerful engine in their equivalent. 148bhp for the ST - less than a 13 year old Williams engine or even a 15+ year old Vauxhall XE lump.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

The st will still fly out of the showrooms.

I used to work closely with team RS, their research into the market concluded that the bigger focus market would be more profitable.

The st does have a large amount of factory based upgrades in the cards.

Hence the 280-300bhp 4wd RS due in a few years

300bhp MR2 Turbo

You Clio drivers will have a whole new bunch of people that think their cars are faster. A whole new breed of teenagers who want to race anything that moves.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

lol Zetec s? ring any bells?

To quote a mate "ive had the fezzer chipped now you wont stand a chance"

Even tho hes 50bhp down and 100kg up...

Cup 172

Why did they not stick the Focus ST170 engine in there. They have missed a big opportunity with this car, especially since they canned the RS.

As Tom says though, the car will still sell very well as it looks quite nice and should appeal to the masses.

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Theyre dumb asses. A Fiesta RS would have been aimed more at the older generation and therefor more mature. Also would have a chance!

cock mobile.

RS would have been aimed right at the top of the market.

ST150 is pitched lower down for those who want a quickish hatchback, not a super hot hatch!

They will shift loads of them, look at the Zetec S, people out there just love the things. I myself think they look quite smart.

But the new Zetec S Diesel, whats that all about???

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Quote: Originally posted by sh33n on 01 February 2005

RS would have been aimed right at the top of the market.

ST150 is pitched lower down for those who want a quickish hatchback, not a super hot hatch!

They will shift loads of them, look at the Zetec S, people out there just love the things. I myself think they look quite smart.

But the new Zetec S Diesel, whats that all about???

For wiesels are pretty good these days. Lots of low down torque could make it fun in the bends.