ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aux Belt, Alternator Belt

PH1_172
Can some just clarify are the Aux/Alternatorbelt on the clio all in one, as a belt on my car when wet/cold has started to sweak lol.

I know from my boyfriends cars that it is more then likely the alternator belt as he said it was on his and either A/ Needed changing or B/ Needed tightening.

My boyfroend seems to think though on the clios the Belts are all in one apart from cambelt so are they or can i just replace the alternator belt or tighten it hehe

Thanks ;)

YEp its most lily going to the the tensioners which need chnaging as well.

Its a seperate belt to th cambelt 2.7 hours to chnage if your a normal 172 if you've a cup its more like 15 minutes.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo
sort this asap as if it shreds it will go straight into the cambelt and that will cause some damage. ensure the lower aux belt idler is changed as that often starts getting noisy.

ok exactly what must i buy thn to do this all properly and any guide prices.

Take it to a dealer chnaging th belts as I said is 2.7hours work the aux belt is a few quid the tensioners £60 or so.

Final price depneds what labour rate there using.