ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auxillary Belt Issues

Renualt Clio 1.2
Hi All,

I had my Auxillary belt changed around 12 months ago and now the new belt is wearing to the point it needs changing again! This is not usual as I believe they are meant to last 40k or so and ive done around 8k.

Do you believe this could be to do with the last mechanic doing something wrong (should i get in touch with them).

Or is it to do with another issue I think I have spotted. The car was lowered previous to me owning it and now I believe the wheel when on full lock physically rubs against the belt which will no doubt cause damage. Has anyone heard of this happening before?

Any thoughts or recommendations much appreciated, thanks.

renault clio 1.4 16v
were the pullies changed with the belt? as for the wheel rubbing against the belts, have you got wider tires fitted? standard i cant see how the wheel would touch the belt, no matter how low it is... if that were the case many people would be complaining about belt rub when cornering fast...