ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

axle stands 172 cup

Question for the mechanics on here really or anyone in the knowledge. Wheres the best place to sit a cup on axle stands? the jacking points or wishbones or what? Not really used them before and i need to do something underneath and would'nt mind jet washing under there too. Any help greatly appreciated!
Rich.

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine
Use the box section bits under the car at the front (just behind the front wheels as you look at it from the side). At the back you can use the normal jacking point under the sill.

cheers mate. The box section itself or the big metal bit bolted to it?? I sound a bit thick but i really stuffed my old fiesta mot time after using axles'seys. Rather use ramps but can't get the splitter over.

Lionel Richie
look at picture

jack.jpg

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z
are you meant to jack up one side, put the stand under then do the other side or is there a central point you can jack from?

Lionel Richie
Gary G said:
are you meant to jack up one side, put the stand under then do the other side or is there a central point you can jack from?

if you jack from the point i've indicated in the pic, you will lift one side of the car completley off the floor (useful for changing wheels)

wack in an axle stand just behind that point
lower back down and repeat on other side

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z
Fred....i jacked the car up on the standard jacking point and it lifted up both front and back lol...bit scary really!

Nope you shouldn't jack on those points at all you can with the right stands hold the car on those points.
You need to jack behind the thingie your jacking on. I jack on the bit so that the jack corner is up against the metal bracket your jacking on.
You cna jack on the sills safly so long as you either jack slowly or preferably jack on the front and back at the same time or you use a spreader plate to lower the pressure over a larger are of the sills.

Ford Fiesta
if they can hold the car why not jack on them?

take your point though, need to be on the floorpan bit that is lower to ground yeah?