ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bad Tuning & work shop work

Status
Not open for further replies.
  172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Congratulations Kyle, you now have a great Cup in great shape thanks to Mike's top drawer mapping. Enjoy it!

(Time to lock thread before the inevitable?)

Its so much better now tim & now I can finally drive it without worrying about it blowing up

Hows you anyway

It's very obvious who did the work even without saying.

Who are known suppliers of Cat Cams.

Who offer 438 packages.

Who are extremely well known for absolute s**t/dangerous maps.

Voila.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Why does the thread need locking? Kyle has evidence not just presumptions.
There have been multiple threads like this in the not too distant past, all ended the same way because of how the discussion went, not because of the content of the original post.

I'm good thanks Kyle, glad it's all sorted for you, you made a very good decision taking it to Mike.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
There have been multiple threads like this in the not too distant past, all ended the same way because of how the discussion went, not because of the content of the original post.

I'm good thanks Kyle, glad it's all sorted for you, you made a very good decision taking it to Mike.

Yeah theres been a few threads in the past. Mikes a top guy & I recommend him to anyone

Hows the trophy tim :)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I don't really know why everyone is dancing round about it regardless of company size - if their service is poor then feedback has to given to avoid them, its as simple as that.

Well done k-tec, slow clap - again.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
I don't really know why everyone is dancing round about it regardless of company size - if their service is poor then feedback has to given to avoid them, its as simple as that.

Absolutly spot on. People should be reminded of there poor work

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Absolutly spot on. People should be reminded of there poor work

The thing is Kyle, i'm not for a minute trying to slander them as a company. No one would sit at the table of a restaurant after ordering a medium steak and getting it rare and not say anything - this is no different.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Think it was the generic off the shelf one that they charge £250 odd for. Looking at RS Tuners now!

The only maps Im aware of that are really bad are ones done on modified cars .

The generic maps they use on standard cars Im not personally aware of problems with, so rather than spend on an rs tuner, it might be worth you just going to somewhere like surrey rolling road for an independent check over of the AFRs to see if you have any reason to worry.

Basically it appears to me like the standard car, where maps are readily available on the internet they get it right, where as cars with their own cams (438 are a ktec specific grind) there arent maps available for to copy, and they get it wrong.

Moan about k-tec everyone jumps in. Any other trader does wrong then they get defended and the thread deleted.

I can understand yes they have made a right mess of kyle's car, and its good to put the warning out. But ffs half the folk who rant about them have never even used or experienced the work. So you are just adding to the fire in which this will get locked down and deleted. And the warning dissapears.

My flame suit is fitted and zipped up tight ;)

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
The thing is Kyle, i'm not for a minute trying to slander them as a company. No one would sit at the table of a restaurant after ordering a medium steak and getting it rare and not say anything - this is no different.

If that steak gave you a life threating illness like det is to an engine you would complain.

Evo 5 RS
Not sure if it's the same now, but in recent years K-Tecs base maps have been far too rich.

Anyway, wouldn't trust them to fine tune the air in my tyres.

Except the steaks are higher with it being at the potential cost of an engine.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

I think so long as people stick to the facts like Kyle has done it will be fine, its just if it turns into a slagfest where people start throwing unsubstantiated insults around rather than examples likes Kyle/Ellen where there is NO doubt or opinion, just cold hard facts.

On Ellen's car Ktec even came on here and tried to explain that it wasnt their fault that the map they put on was litter and it was because the ECU had adapted since it left them that it went wrong.
They did then do her another map for free when she took Mike with her to make sure it was done properly this time, so fair play to them in that respect (althoguh its a shame she was fobbed off on the phone and told there was nothing wrong on no fewer than 4 occasions until Mike got involved), but they seem to be missing the point a bit though if they think its acceptable to put a map on in the first place that doesnt work for longer than the initial dyno session (they always have logs they claim show the car was fine when it left them, then they say it must have changed since), maybe if they put a map on that didnt have so much timing it goes up the road playing my dingaling and triggering the knock sensor continually then the map would stay how working they dyno'd it like it does for Mike or RS Tuning or even for that with a Fastchip RS Tuner remap, none of which suffer from this issue of apparently changing after the event.
The problem is that they seem to be making changes they simply dont understand the real implications of, its not just the 1*2 engines either, RS Tuning had a facebook update recently with a 200 with a ktec map on it that had an almost identical set of issues!

330i. E30 Touring.
Moan about k-tec everyone jumps in. Any other trader does wrong then they get defended and the thread deleted.

I can understand yes they have made a right mess of kyle's car, and its good to put the warning out. But ffs half the folk who rant about them have never even used or experienced the work. So you are just adding to the fire in which this will get locked down and deleted. And the warning dissapears.

My flame suit is fitted and zipped up tight ;)

Mistakes are one thing, repeat ****-ups despite being notified of the errors are another.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I agree Chip - and in no way should my comments be taken as slander, I said that as a customer myself before (and was stung myself)!

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
The only maps Im aware of that are really bad are ones done on modified cars .

The generic maps they use on standard cars Im not personally aware of problems with, so rather than spend on an rs tuner, it might be worth you just going to somewhere like surrey rolling road for an independent check over of the AFRs to see if you have any reason to worry.

Basically it appears to me like the standard car, where maps are readily available on the internet they get it right, where as cars with their own cams (438 are a ktec specific grind) there arent maps available for to copy, and they get it wrong.

Cheers mate, I do need to get it RR'd again.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Yes thats who he means but start a seperate thread or PM him to discuss it or this one will end up ruined.

Fair enough, just the first bad word I've heard spoken about him and have seen some amazing projects he's been involved in. :eek:

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Fair enough, just the first bad word I've heard spoken about him and have seen some amazing projects he's been involved in. :eek:

I had to correct a map they did on a car about half a dozen years ago that was worse than any map Ive ever seen from anyone else before or since, but that was a long time ago and may not be representative of their current standards, it was also to be fair apparently the first time they had ever attempted to map an Autronic ECU, so again very different to when they are doing scoobys on standard ecu's etc which I believe is there most common stuff to be working on and I think they have a good reputation for that.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member

Exactly. whats the whole point of having a forum like this if enthusiasts cant fully share their experiences with tuners. More importantly KTec need to know this and see this negative feedback as a simple turning point. simples.

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Have you got the original graph that K-tec gave you after they did the work? What AFR's were logged on that? If different to what you've said, they must have known they were shizen and changed the graph no? Terrible!

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Have you got the original graph that K-tec gave you after they did the work? What AFR's were logged on that? If different to what you've said, they must have known they were shizen and changed the graph no? Terrible!

I have the graph but none of their graphs have AFR logs. Hmmmmm I wonder why. Aint even got my number plate on the graph

Terrible aye

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

Just for example, a car went in with an upgraded turbo. Came out with the standard turbo fitted, no mention by AJ. Plenty of other cases too, but it's for a different thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.