ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bargain wheels

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
I saw these for sale on one of our belgian auction sites and i just had to have em.
I know they look like sh1t, but when i'm done with them they will be like new, just don't know which colour.
I payed a grand total of 220 euros for them which i thought was a steal realy, as i was assured they were'n egg shaped, and if they were i could just go, and get a diffrent one, as the guys bought a lot of 50 wheels for their rally car.

Anyways here are some pics

speedline003.jpg

speedline002.jpg

speedline001.jpg

Will post pics of how they come along, suggestions about the colour are welcome aswell, they will be going under a black 172.

grtz
V

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
White 2118s on a black 172 all the way!!!

Oh an white for sure.

I first thought about white too, but i allready have turini's in white, that's about the only reason why i think about a diffrent colour than white.
Don't have gunmetal wheels though ;)

Offcourse you could say do the 2118's in white and the turini's in anthracite, but the turini's are white from the factory and i don't want to farck them up.

Clio II phase B Dynamique
Lol, no sod that means - forget about paying that price (the price is a joke)

ah ah ok..scuse me but some times translate can be difficult to me! :D

so...the price is not a joke... :S

4 speedline 2118 in Italy cost 1300 euros...

the official price was 273 euros + 20% VAT...for only one rims!

then the full price for 4 wheels was 1310 euros and some eurocent... :(

and find used was too difficult...not many people sell this rims...and at 90% times was too ruined or ovalized...

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
Are they magnesium or aluminium?

Well i think they are magnesium, because the holes where the wheel bolts go/fit in have steel bushes instead of being just drilled/machined.

Is there any way to tell, i can tell you that they originally came from the renault sport own clio cup racers in france, and that the guy who i got them from bought them as a lot directly from renaultsport in dieppe.

Also noticed that mine have the speedline corse words embedded in the wheels, unlike the ones that i see here on cs, who appear to have decals

Last edited:
  dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
Anything made from a magnesium alloy is very very light

Yeah i know that too, i'm no r****d:clown:

Thing is, i need to be able to compare them to magnesium or alloy ones before I can tell a diffrence, and as i only have one set, that's a bit difficult.

They're about the same weight as my superleggera's though, but those are 17"

Chelsea tractor
Anything made from a magnesium alloy is very very light

Yeah i know that too, i'm no r****d:clown:

Thing is, i need to be able to compare them to magnesium or alloy ones before I can tell a diffrence, and as i only have one set, that's a bit difficult.

They're about the same weight as my superleggera's though, but those are 17"
I know ;)

They'd be very light, like just over half the weight of a normal one

I though the only mag ones were the old oz f1's?

Track valver + Ibiza FR
Lovely wheels should look nice when they're on the car and sprayed in which ever colour you choose