ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bas***d stone dent on new 182

Driving home along a dual carriageway,was hit by what felt like a rock.Bounced off the bonnet leaving scratches and a nice dent and managed to chip the window in 2 places.Only done 750 miles,gutted.
Just spent 2 hours cleaning it aswell.Sods law!

Clio 182 LY + Cup packs

It must be something to do with new cars. I got a new 182 with 650miles on the clock, was driving down a dual carriageway yesterday lunch, and a piece of wood fell off a wagon heading straigh for the bonnet. I had no where to swerve to because of the traffic but slammed on the brakesand just managed to avoid it and run over it instead.

Gutted for you thought mate, hope it doesnt look too bad.

Mazda MX5 1.8

yeah sods law! i had about 500 miles on my car when going down the m/way a stone got flicked up just avoided the windscreen and hit the roof! grrrr!

106 GTi

Know how you feel, Under 900 miles chipped Valence, grill and bonnet and Renualt dont do any Black Gold touch up paint still!

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 30 April 2005Somebody scuffed all the bump strip on mine today whilst it was parked up.... b******s.

yep same thing has happened to mine
Cant have anything nice without some b*st*rd damaging it.

Clio 182 / Lotus Elise S1

I got a stone chip on my windscreen in the first 500 miles which is now a crack about 20cm long.. I must get round to getting a new screen sometime.

...and then someone opened their car-door into the rear o/s panel below when it had done about 800! :( :mad:

renault clio 182 cup

Quote: Originally posted by Breeze on 30 April 2005
I got a stone chip on my windscreen in the first 500 miles which is now a crack about 20cm long.. I must get round to getting a new screen sometime.

...and then someone opened their car-door into the rear o/s panel below when it had done about 800! :( :mad:

and i thought i had bad luck;)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

my car is absolutely peppered with stone chips. i have some awesome hum dingers on it.

the paint is absolute cack on the 182 - anyoner seen the chips off the rear whell arches behind the doors? absolutely spanked...

must be what happens at 88mph i guess....;)

If they are fairly small get one of the mobile dent repairers on to it. They do amazing work and can sort out any paint chips too.

As for windscreen most chips are repaired FOC on fully comp insurance.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Does anyone know what it costs for a new bonnet/Bumper

With 2 posts a week on chips and stuff it would be nice too know

ian

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

this happened to me in the first month of having it.....mud and stones came off the back of a tipper lorry ..have a lovely graze on my right wing now....:(

Shhh

I got a cracked bumper as i hit a pheasant. It happends, i can recomend i good garage in Sunderland if you need it. Its a Renault Bodyshop.