ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

battered car!

driving over saddleworth moor tonight coming home from a meeting in Manchester,wish I hadnt bothered. Coming round a fairly tight RH bend at a reasonable but in control speed,when im met round the bend (blind) by a Fking Sierra in the middle of the road,having just overtaken another car,I swerved to avoid him,and missed by inches,unfortunatley my LH side wheels hit the peat/boggy stuff and my car spun across the road into a banking and nearly ended up in a 6ft ditch.looks like a tractor.Tw!t just carried on so no witnesses.

long and short is my bumpers fked half of it is missing,I can get a foglight ,but does anyone know where to get a bumper,unfortunately mines the flame red so not as common as silver.

lucky in a way as I think the sub-frame took the hit,got my mechanic mate to have a look asap,no damage to the wheels/suspension,theres a crease in the bottom of the drivers door,and the aircon radiator is pushed back but still works.could have been a lot worse!

BMW E46 330i Touring

Is the person that the Sierra was overtaking not a witness? Or did they keep driving off as well? Some people on the roads nowadays really scare me, it seems theyre getting worse and worse.

Quote: Originally posted by acrebo on 28 January 2005

Is the person that the Sierra was overtaking not a witness? Or did they keep driving off as well? Some people on the roads nowadays really scare me, it seems theyre getting worse and worse.
erm they are hardly gonna hang arround an incriminate themselves after pulling a stunt like that.

bad luck man, i take it you were stuck and were unable to give chase?

Quote: Originally posted by m4rk on 28 January 2005
Quote: Originally posted by acrebo on 28 January 2005Is the person that the Sierra was overtaking not a witness? Or did they keep driving off as well? Some people on the roads nowadays really scare me, it seems theyre getting worse and worse.[/QUOTE]erm they are hardly gonna hang arround an incriminate themselves after pulling a stunt like that. bad luck man, i take it you were stuck and were unable to give chase?

Who said the guy the sierra was overtaking had done anything "incriminating"?

Quote: Originally posted by dudelove on 28 January 2005

Quote: Originally posted by m4rk on 28 January 2005

Quote: Originally posted by acrebo on 28 January 2005

erm they are hardly gonna hang arround an incriminate themselves after pulling a stunt like that.

bad luck man, i take it you were stuck and were unable to give chase?

Who said the guy the sierra was overtaking had done anything "incriminating"?
quoted. tight RH bend at a reasonable but in control speed,when im met round the bend (blind) by a Fking Sierra in the middle of the road,having just overtaken another car

that means the sierra overtook towards the corner ie opposite way to cerbera4.5 that he woulndt be able to see round either. ie feking stoooopid!!! idea.

[Edited by m4rk on 29 January 2005 at 12:00am]

so what? Tha person asked is the guy the sierra was overtaking was a witness.

Personally if someone overtoke me on a bend, and caused someone to spin like that, i would stop.

As far as the first description says, the person BEING OVER TAKEN did nothing wrong

first post didnt really make it clear who he was calling a tw*t that just carried on, i assumed he meant the sierra because hed just done something stupid? maybe he meant the car being overtaken but thats not the impression i got.

i dont see how you cant understand what im saying lol.

when acrebo asked:

Is the person that the Sierra was overtaking not a witness? Or did they keep driving off as well?

You replied:

My point is - at NO POINT AT ALL, does he say that the guy being overtaken was doing anything "incriminating" as you put it. The guy who was incriminated was the sierra

lol to clarify ,I was calling the sierra driver a tw*t,but no the car the sierra over took didnt bother coming back either.Must have been asleep,not looking in his mirror,or could have been together pratting about!

as for giving chase I was a little dazed to be fair,and I wasnt even sure hte car would drive,it was clanking ,and I hit the banking hard so I could tell if my wheels / suspension were even in 1 piece.

did manage to drive home,the fuel vapour canister,in front of the drivers wheel,(no I didnt know it was there either) had pushed back behind the wheel and was grating like buggery.