ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battery relocation advise/shopping list

Discounted 1*2 parts
Looking to relocate my battery to the boot to make space for my espace V6 airbox setup.

Can someone make me a shopping list of what I will need and the best places to source the parts.

I'm guessing:
  • Cable
  • Battery tray
  • Fixings
  • Fuses
I have done a search but couldn't all the info I needed

Tom

Another timley thread :D, need the same info myself

So far I've got an oddyssey 25 & alloy bracket....on my list...or are there lower amp batteries that'll do the job just fine?

What about a cut off switch?

There is a guide I've found here not sure if it lists all the parts though.

Last edited:
  Trafic 140dci
And me to lol something I was planning on doing over christmas, again I could do with knowing what parts are required

i'll be doing it to the megane over xmas, although i'll be binning the race battery off as it holds it charge like Winehouse held a drink.

Kinda on subject, are the odyssey batterys ok for a daily? Like i do under 50miles a week
Also if you put your battery under your seat, how would you go about jumping the car if the battery goes flat? (without removing the seat)

If you couldnt tell, i also want to move my battery :)

Discounted 1*2 parts
I'm thinking I may invested in an Odyssey 25 battery when I do the relocation too, my current battery is on its last legs

172monaco*&*passat
yer this is what i used and will use again slimline drycell.. i need full kit again.. group buy would be a good idea, i still have my fuse but need wire & connecters..

How would you go about jumping the car if the battery goes flat? (without removing the seat)
I have read that you are not supposed to jump start these type of batteries so I would suggest to keep it on trickle charge/ disconnect when not in use. If you leave discharged it isn't good for them on a positive they are very quick to fully charge and only take 4-5 hours :)

I have read that you are not supposed to jump start these type of batteries so I would suggest to keep it on trickle charge/ disconnect when not in use. If you leave discharged it isn't good for them on a positive they are very quick to fully charge and only take 4-5 hours :)

Ahh ok then, would it damage to bump the car on these batteries then? lol.
Just thinking the car does get used most days, but literally only for like 10miles a day maximum during the week.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
You could do with one of these in the engine bay for the poss cable.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Motor...rs/Auto_Marine_Power_Jointing_Boxes/1283/1294

You don't need fuses just the stuff bellow
1 junction box (engine bay)
2 thick Possitive cable with a rubber grommet to pass through the bulk head.
3 thick earth cable (don't need to be long)
4 2x battery terminals
5 box or strap to hold your battery in place

Or you could fit a isolator (this will allow you to cut the power)

Last edited:
  LY R26 230 F1 Team
If there is a group buy on the complete kit (I.e. everything you need to relocate the battery) then I might be interested!

Ahh ok then, would it damage to bump the car on these batteries then? lol.
Just thinking the car does get used most days, but literally only for like 10miles a day maximum during the week.
I presume so but I am only saying what I have read from the manufacturer :) There would be no simple way to jump start anyway as they dont have traditional terminals on the top of the battery like wet batteries. I would just use a trickle charge on it which take less than 10 seconds to hook up each time you go out in the car, We have these fitted to alot of our cars and I fit them for quite a few of my customers http://www.ctekchargers.co.uk/ctek-xs3600.php The link to the terminal box that M4D M4X has put up is what is used on my clio to relocate the battery and can put up a picture of where its located if it will help?

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Here you go Toastfrenzy
776a170d.gif

My Ebay seller has just cancelled my battery order...? So up for a group buy now. What details have you got so far and have you started a Group Buy thread?

Contacted a few people on ebay/online shops asking for bulk buy prices of orders placed of 5batteries, 10batteries etc.
I wont start nothing until/if i get any prices sorted out and the seller is willing to sort the postage etc.

Ill see what happens tomorrow with replies, if not much luck ill make some phone calls this weekend as im off work and go from there :)

We have mounted mine on the bulkhead in the passenger footwell and while putting it in the back is good for weight distribution as mentioned above it also means you have got a very heavy cable stretching the length of the car. It's swings and roundabouts where you mount it really :(

Polo + Micra
You could do with one of these in the engine bay for the poss cable.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Motor...rs/Auto_Marine_Power_Jointing_Boxes/1283/1294

You don't need fuses just the stuff bellow
1 junction box (engine bay)
2 thick Possitive cable with a rubber grommet to pass through the bulk head.
3 thick earth cable (don't need to be long)
4 2x battery terminals
5 box or strap to hold your battery in place

Or you could fit a isolator (this will allow you to cut the power)

serious? No fuses?

IMHO that is some bad advice there.

Polo + Micra
Why do you need fuses then?

All your effectively doing is extending the Possitive cable.

you get a fault to ground on that cable and all it will do is melt/catch fire/battery explode

fuses are installed only ever to protect cables and nothing else

M3, Cup racer'd 182
you get a fault to ground on that cable and all it will do is melt/catch fire/battery explode

fuses are installed only ever to protect cables and nothing else

Yes but the only way u'l ever get that fault to ground (or short) if it ever slices the plastic protective coating am i right?

And if that's the case do the standard wires in the engine bay have fuses in?