ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battery tray mounting

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Just a quick query, replaced my battery tray as it was cracked, is there meant to be anything like a rubber washer between the tray and the suspension turret?

The hole in the tray for the bolt is pretty gappy and doesnt seem correct that it just mates up to the painted surface of the turret as it will surely move about and wear

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Just a quick query, replaced my battery tray as it was cracked, is there meant to be anything like a rubber washer between the tray and the suspension turret?

The hole in the tray for the bolt is pretty gappy and doesnt seem correct that it just mates up to the painted surface of the turret as it will surely move about and wear
No that's how they're are I'm sure. It's a bit silly really! Get everything else tightened first then do that one last so it's in position and not 'tight'.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Ive always thought the hole in it is very sloppy considering the bolt size. Theres no thread in the turret on mine like it's been ripped out, just a big ass bolt going through into the arch