ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battery tray

mad in general

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 2
In the middle of removing the gearbox to send it off for a refurb. I've noticed that there is a chunk snapped off the battery tray. Can these be bought new? Or does anyone have one for sale?

Also, there is a bolt on this tray that goes into the suspension turret. This bolt snapped whilst trying to undo it and there is a bit stuck in the turret. Can I forget about this and not bother trying to remove the snapped bit and replace or is it something that should not be ignored?

Cheers,

Dave

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
For the battery tray i'd say any breaker would be cheapest, may be the same tray as non sport models too.

mad in general

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 2
For the battery tray i'd say any breaker would be cheapest, may be the same tray as non sport models too.
I have heard they are the same so fingers crossed.

Does anyone know if the small bolt to attach the tray to the turret is actually needed or can I do without it?

02 Iceberg 172
I had just one leg of the battery tray snap (the one closest to the firewall) while the other 4(?) bolts were fine and the car felt terrible - sluggish and noisier than normal with LOTS of vibration in the cabin at idle and when under load. TBH I think that you definitely need that one fixed to the turret...