ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 1943

MKIII 138
been playing this more.. was sooo frustrated at the poor lag and service, especially seen as you cant do anything else like private match for just 3-4 people.

however if you keep at it its really great fun, my bro is a die hard COD fan and up there with the top in the world, we played cod for 15 mins last night yawned and went onto kill some japs in 1943 instead.

remember this is only an xboxlive arcade game, like worms, and peggle.. in that regard its awesome.

cant wait for BF2, hopefully it will retain the awesome sound and atmosphere whilst increasing the tactical element and improving graphics

about the LAG, its server based not peer-to-peer like COD5/4 so you have to play old school and shoot just in front of the enemy if they are running across the screen.

hope this helps

for me they still dont die with a clip from the sub machine gun
or will shoot with the rifle get a few shots off then after i have stopped shooting teh hits come up then the death bit comes up its shite

what lead ? sort of but as when sniping your not usually trying to take out running and jumping targets lol in real life you also have to take into account wind and the curvature of the earth over extreme distance

i hate the reload on it and teh fact it goes black when you go to scope oh and the fact when it chambers teh next round it brings the gun away to do it you just wouldnt in real life

Evo 6, E92 320d
Just played the demo for 30mins, great fun! Very similar to BF2 so iknew what was up, after the 1st match i got back into the swing of it, man of the match as per;). No lag for me so thats a plus. Graphics are pretty poor, but then i'm used to BF2 with all settings up high. Controlling vehicles was fine, having the controller is a big plus over the keyboard for flight, makes dog fights all the better:). The tanks seem a little underpowered compared to the last games, took forever to blow up other vehicles and ages for infantry.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I'm struggling to get over 350 points on the game, and theres people getting over double and over 1000, what are theses people doing to get that amount? Is it just go for the flags, flags and more flags?

Badges give you more points, and can be achieved by getting multiple kills with the same weapon, tank, aa gun etc

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Yeah i've noticed that you get more points but still even though i get say 3 badges on a game, still no where near over 350 mark. Also i've been on the game about 18 hours now and i've been in the plane loads and loads of times and not once klilled anyone using the bombs, i still havn't mastered it

DCi
the best way i find to get points is to not bother with the vehicles, just use a truck to get from flag to flag quickly and get involved in the big battles

Octy VRS
Bought this today and for £9.99 it's an absolute bargain. Really easy to pick up and have a quick game. Maps are just the right size and the vehicles are great. Balance money against gameplay and it's 10/10.

mk1 172
Yeah i've noticed that you get more points but still even though i get say 3 badges on a game, still no where near over 350 mark. Also i've been on the game about 18 hours now and i've been in the plane loads and loads of times and not once klilled anyone using the bombs, i still havn't mastered it

Just play like all the othe battlefield games, if I don't get over 450 points per round I'm gutted!
Scored a personal best the other night with a score of 1001

Integra Type-R DC2
Anyone else think the tank shell and plane bombs need more splash damage. Ive shot people point blank with the cannon and its done chuff all!

Yeah theres not much splash damage, also the maps are much, much too big for 24 players lol!

Still hooked though and off to play now :cool:

BMW 328 Ci
The splash damage was rubbish on Bad Company too, I dont remember it beign that good on BF 2 either, a direct hit with a tank shell to the face should kill. Maybe they thought tanks / choppers were too powerful in Vietnam.

E87 118d M Sport
this is the next purchase for me. got to complete trivial pursuit and dynasty warriors 6 empire then onto this! cant wait!

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Yeah the splash damage should be allot better on the tank i've fired a few times at close range and havn't died., i'm pretty good at flying the plane now can shoot down a few planes now, been on the flying level most i've shot down is 8 still havn't worked out how you can gain extra points other than shooting on that level cos theres only 1 flag

SLK 350
Played this again yesterday for the additional 30 minutes. They really need to fix the tank, I was actually having to run away (well, felt like it) from a single infantry soldier with a RPG...

You can blow a ruddy great big hole in a building with 1 shell, but kill a soldier? No chance, try 3/4 shells... Hideous!

Hopefully they'll fix it. But the game still majorly lacks some depth, anyone with a PS3 should seriously buy Warhawk and give it an hour of your time, promise you'll be hooked!

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh tank is s**t in this, can't even kill an infantry unit standing 20ft away! Rubbish. Scorpion tank from Halo still owns it! ;)

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I'll give the first person view ago on the tank, also ramming people over is very hard too allot of times they just slide offto the slide it's very hard to kill them, i find first person much more accurate on killing them but still hard

SchwepTek™
Digging up an old thread...

Agreed with the tank being pretty crap but i dont think they'll change it as it'll make the game to one-sided if someones in a tank.

Apart from that, it's the ONLY game i've been playing for the last 2 months!

RS 197 CUP - Racing Blue
Yeah the splash damage should be allot better on the tank i've fired a few times at close range and havn't died., i'm pretty good at flying the plane now can shoot down a few planes now, been on the flying level most i've shot down is 8 still havn't worked out how you can gain extra points other than shooting on that level cos theres only 1 flag

On air superiority you can gain points by looping the flag island and re-capturing it. Try and keep a very tight line round the cliffs and it should be hard for enemys to pick you off! :cool: