ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BB Tuning aftercare service!!!

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
Hello
I recently decided to go for one of their cam packages. But from day one ive had some teething problems with the car from cutting out to idling&TOP end performance. After taking my car back THREE times i decided to seek advice from a few other tuning companies as well as going to a rolling road which was renown for how accurate they are. I basically had confirmed the flaws in the package set-up which were claimed by the above company that the car is fine and that is as best i should expect and the flaws in the set up are normal!
I arranged to visit them a FORTH time for the boss (also known as "chief")to come out with me to explain and demonstrate the faults. After admitting there was a fault i was told i quote-"You basically are calling us a bunch of c*nts by listening to all these other companies instead of taking on board what we are saying" Then on arriving back at their workshop was told "F*ck off to the company who say your car is running incorrectly and get them to sort it out"! He then climbed out of my car, SLAMING the door. I asked to speak to Andy (the son)and was told i could,nt. I then asked why he was shouting at me? He then came towards me aggresively saying "what you going to do about it"! I then backed off and got jumped back in my car.

Over the last two years i would be the one who would stand up and vouch for their good work they have done. I can honestly say that i will NEVER be returning to them again and recommend highly that anyone wishing to spend serious money there think again!
Im sure this is not how you,d expect to be treated by simply not accepting the standard of my car after these goods were fitted!
Its ok when everything goes ok but when they dont like to be told that something isnt right.

Feel free to pm me if anyone would like to know more.

sounds similar to what happened to me with a crappy longlife exhaust - after 3 return visits was told to fook off and get one elsewhere! Really gutted for you mate its really upsetting when s**t like this happens - I was tempted to get the cheap remap that they are offering at the moment but after reading that there is no chance - I just dont understand how companies keep going when they create problems like this

i dont understand why people cant be polite anymore or just put their hands up and fix things?

james...

what where the figures you got from the other company RR's?
what was BB RR figures showing... ??

i hope you get it sorted mate. and dont let them bully u.

R35 GTR
Big Iain said:
its the having to fix things more than once reason that people slate him

I'll keep going back, had no problems with them, work has been spot on every time.

Focus ST
Bit of a shame really. BBPT aren't doing themselves any favours especially if they are messing a Cliosport member around. Whats the first thing you'll think they'll do? SPREAD THE WORD!!!!

JPH - What has the other company said about the car? Wrong set up? Poor fitting?

Turbos.
I phoned up BB Tuning the other day and they said workshop services were suspended!

Sounds like a terrible experience though, CS should boycott them!

Jap Shed
thats what I like about this forum, you hear about good and bad experiances fron companys!!
(gonna join next week)

Focus ST
cliobuyer said:
I phoned up BB Tuning the other day and they said workshop services were suspended!

Sounds like a terrible experience though, CS should boycott them!

I know JPH and some others use to really rate them. Recently I haven't heard anything good about them, just bad. :(

You are only as good as the last job. People like talking about misfortune. So they're not doing themselves any favours for future business. :argue:

Boycotting them sounds dangerous, this is someones living. Lets just hope they sort their s**t out, improve on their customer service and more importantly the mechanical abilities.

Would be interesting to hear what the current issues are with the engine and are BB directly responsible. :S

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Sort out their customer service?? They need to do more than that if they threatened him.

I wouldn't have a problem boycotting their business in the slightess....treat other's how you expect to be treated

Oh dear!

Its hard to base a companies reputation on one persons experience but if what you say is true then it is a very poor advert for that company.

Jesus!! Sorry to hear that mate! That Senior 'Chief' needs someone to knock him out big time! Mate of mine had the same thing happen, told to fook off and threatend! No way would I ever go there.

Hope you get your car sorted mate with a company that are not as aggressive and want to help you.

Last edited:
Shocking!.... i don't see the problem boycotting them fair play its someones business but its basic business knowledge to look after your customers especially a CS member and especially in a small company like that

Sorry to hear of you experience can quite comfortably say i won't use em!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
yep ive got no problem boycotting them now after reading that,ok if they fucked something up and turned round and said sorry etc and sorted it for nothing then fair play but threatning someone and telling them to f**k off? fuk them i hope their business does go down the pan!

plus its not like it was some young new guy that done it, its the main guy, he should know better

Corsa Van. Meh.
In my experience with BB I have had no problems with them.

They have been extremely help full with my car sorting out any problems i've had and have been very efficient on there turn around times.

This experiance wont do BB any favours and I feel for you. It just doesn't seem like them....

Andy 'senior' should be sacked from the whole company, but I guess he fronted and owns most of the company

This is not the first rumour I've heard about them. I have my own experiences with them, not that I am going to divulge that info now.

R

rich[182]

Seem to remember last week in the 'Re-Flash offer' thread, someone posting that had rung BB for advice and they'd also had someone being a bit shirty with them, I've also heard a couple more similar things very recently from people I know pretty well, everything taken into account it's enough for me to not go for the latest re-flash offer with BB

It's the threatening comments that really worry me

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
poor customer service = less business = cheaper prices better deals etc to try and make money, probably what this cheam re-flash and other deals are all about

and is andy the fat guy in the video that makes the B&M quickshift hard to use when its not? lol

audi S3
i must state that the reflash ecu that james had on his car as well as the decat pipe he had made there were both fantastic.the reflash made his car turn into a bit of a beast.so theres nothing wrong with the reflash ecus had very good feedback from other people who had the same reflash as james.its a shame its had to come to this cause no one deserves to be threatened or sworn at.p.s james post up the problems for everyone to see

Martin_89 said:
poor customer service = less business = cheaper prices better deals etc to try and make money, probably what this cheam re-flash and other deals are all about

and is andy the fat guy in the video that makes the B&M quickshift hard to use when its not? lol

yes, thats him!

Liquidcool said:
yes, thats him!

to be fair but the andy bridges that work in BB are 'large'

andy senior has a beard and generally looks like a grumpy git

andy 'junior' has a ear ring and is the one in the short shift video. That said never had a problem when i dealt with him and him alone

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
To explain completely what happened here goes-
Booked my car in for their lowest cams package.
Was told most results have produced around 200bhp.
Picked up my car and all the way home the car kept cutting out EVERYTIME i stopped, so phoned them and they said that the idle had to be raised on the mapping so re-fitted another ecu with different programme.
The car then would tick over on its own.
Rolling road graph claimed my car made about 198bhp due to the fact my pipercross air filter had sucked in some dirt which had got into the engine which would explain for the car being slightly down on power!

Decide to test out the car on a few drap strips, with also two other mates who are experienced drivers-not impressed that TWO near on standard cups left me about halfway down the strip!
BB claimed perhaps im a sh*t driver!
The two other people who drove it as well said it felt like the power died off just around 4.5k
Also driving around town the car will kangeroo up to 40mph.
I personally feel the car is quicker bottom end than it is top.

I decided after returning my car THREE times to take it to a rolling road who have a superb reputation and over 40years experience. They told me the car was under powered,over fuelling and the cam timing was miles out!
Went back to BB to show them the graph, which they denied as a load of rubbish.
They claim the characteristics of these cams is the reason why it kangeroos&the timing was spot on.
The explaination to the cars loss of top end was because of low compression.
Ive since been to a couple of independant companies who have told me that the compression on my car is fine and the cam timing is out.

The full discovery is that the cam timing has been adjusted from the standard setting so that the car will idle! In doing this its meant sacrificing top end power of the car!

Ive EVEN spoke to the only UK supplier of these cams who has told me from the feedback his had on the cams they will ONLY run properly on an aftermarket ecu, no matter how good the standard ecu has been mapped! This is because the cams are just far too lairy for the car.
If i knew this was the amount of trouble i was to expect then i wouldnt of spent my hard earned cash on something that simply has too many issues.
As i explained its just the incorrect way my car has been set up which means im very lucky if i see 200miles out of a full tank of petrol!

Last edited:
  AstraVan Sportive
I hate reading stories like this, doesnt help the consumer have trust in Modified car companies, even the genuine ones