ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BBS LM-R or CH...

I've been looking to get a new car but i weighed it all up last night and figured its just not worth it. Its not worth a bean plus i do to many miles to waste on a newer motor. A month or so ago i was set to buy some Porsche Twist reps until i found they were buckled. Great way to waste fuel with a 300 mile round trip.

Im going to order new wheels to arrive by next weekend. Now, i cant work out what to go for. Basically my choices are -

BBS LM-R Reps. 8.5J so will fit plush with no messing. Its the same as my current setup and the same wheels Tom has on his scooby -

BBSLM-RREPS18-1.pjpeg

Or i can get some BBS CH reps -

BBSCH19REPS.pjpeg

Now i can either get the CH's staggerd with 8's on the front and 9's on the rear. Or i can just go for 9's all round. Which may need a touch of archwork.

What would you do? Im not whoring i really am stuck. Im leaning towards CH's and possibly 9's but it may look a little silly. I'll have some shiny new wheel pics very soon. And yes, they are reps but my cars worth about as much as a mars bar.

A pic of 9" reps on a Golf -

5523426001_a8d5ccdaec_z.png

I can find a pic of 8's on a Bora but no LM-Rs

Kaz1.jpg

Oh and lastly the car they will be going on -

3c6b3e91.jpg

Simple fact is the car is worth pence so not worth proper jobbies. I agree though. No wonder people like BBS have money issues. It is wrong really.

I've had alot of people say keep the currents and refurb them which really supprises me. They are concaved unlike most due to the extra width. But still, common.

Im just awaiting a call to confim the price of LM-R reps.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ch's for Ballin'!

Get the car up to perfect standard red poppin' and the CH's will look immense!

Pole?

I can always keep my wheels..i need to renew my love for the car. A hybrid tubby would probably do it more but with fuel prices..haha

I think im actually swaying towards CH's. Hmmm

I can always keep my wheels..i need to renew my love for the car. A hybrid tubby would probably do it more but with fuel prices..haha

I think im actually swaying towards CH's. Hmmm

My mates got a set of white CH reps on his A3 and it looks awesome

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
You know you want to go down the hybrid route Tom, b****cks to fuel prices you're going to spend more on a newer car anyway.

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
I love CH's! Was itching to put a set on my fabia when i had it, but it meant arch issues! :(

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Use a little more imagination. Go on racecarsdirect.com and take a look through the wheel section. Some of the best wheels you will ever find lurk on there and not stupidly priced. ;)

I can see why so many people go down the Rep route but in the end its all faulse ecconomy. They really are chocolate teapots on our pothole infested crappy roads. Your current wheels maybe common but they are tastefull and good quality which in my opinion means much more than a shiny rim.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I'm a bit bias here but CH's for me. Won't need arch work done either if you go staggered, a mate of mine is running 18" Rota grids on his Golf, 9.5J all round with spacers front and back, assuming your arches are similar to mine (Golf).

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Prefer the CH, but they seem like the common choice.

Wouldn't be getting reps though personally.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Haha a did think of Rotas but I'm not so sure I want to go that route.

if it has to be the fore-mentioned i would say CH's all day long.
but i think a nice darkish bronze set of staggered rota's would look good.

or pop down and try my roti's for size...lol

lm's real ones , i had a real set on my old s3 , here is a pic , this was when they first went on without being lowered , they were 19's and way to big for the car ,
DSCI0330.jpg