ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BBS LM-R or CH...

yep...

ultimate_dubs_2011%20(125).jpg

Tripe.

Errr i think can safely rule LM-R's out -

eurp_0803_17_z+2001_vw_jetta_1_8t+votex_body_kit_19_inch_bbs_lm_r_wheels_european_hids.jpg

Im just awaiting a call on the availabilty of the CH's but they may be out of stock for a while..:(

More boost will be about a grand. I need a Hyrbid, injectors and map. I have all other supporting mods.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
It's not 'overwheeled' they are only 18", which look fine on a mk4 Golf, as for the 'tiny discs' he intends on upgrading. Its a lovely car.

i do believe the whole thread was about wheels, not wheel and brake upgrades....lol
i can see what you mean though, 80% of the time though you won't be able to tell though as inside the wheel will be too dark to see anything

It is about wheels, but when you put big open wheels like those on you need something decent behind them. I disagree that 80% of the time you won't see the discs either, but whatever!

I've gone for silver with Red centre caps. I did think about black but i do like shiny silver rims.

My 215/40/18's will be going on so rather stretched plus i've got my AP's to go on without the helper springs so a touch lower. My 10mm hubcentrics will be going on up front which should be flush and the 18mm's on the rear for a wee bit of poke. If it doesnt sit nice i'll order some diff sizes until im happy.

You know this..i have 5's/10's and 18's so far.

Look what Mr DPD just delivered -

a7d4c821.jpg

Cant wait to get them on.

Ta. Test fitting tonight. May be able to get them on with my current coileys, if not they'll have to wait until after the AP's are on there.

Gaz, they didnt have any so these are carbon stylee. I might order some anyway but as i think red would look better.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
They look great! It's a shame to know they're fake though.

They'll look awesome though, no doubt about that.

Yeah i got them from BMautosport which everyone seems to rave about on the net for their quality and mirror image to originals. Quite how they get away with it i dont know. I understand why people dont like fakes but tbh im not paying £1300 for wheels on a s**tty car like mine..i still feel like im putting another nail in Mr BBS' coffin though. :(

Gaz, i'll order some tonight..;) They're not cheap mind.

I've seen the price! Cheaper than used regamaster centres though ;)

As in cheap or expensive? He doesnt advertise 9's all round and was reluctant to sell me them. He originally wanted £600.00. With my skilz i got them for £530.00 delivered with caps, lockers and even new studs. Although i not have about 200 diff length studs in my collection haha

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
They'll look great.

I really don't understand all this 'fake' snobbery. They look identical to wheels which are probably close to £1000 more a set. If he'd have said they were real and posted that photo, people would have been none the wiser.
If people would prefer to pump that extra £1000 into something like that, then that's their choice. I know I'd rather use it for something else :)
I've never understood people who pay more on wheels than they've paid for their car.

Great choice mate!

As in cheap or expensive? He doesnt advertise 9's all round and was reluctant to sell me them. He originally wanted £600.00. With my skilz i got them for £530.00 delivered with caps, lockers and even new studs. Although i not have about 200 diff length studs in my collection haha

BBS centres new are cheap compared to Rega centres used is what I meant. But they're still expensive in the grand scheme! Got a good bargain there then Tom!