ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Beaniemoo bodied, 172 engined Mk1 finally on track video

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Just realised I never mentioned this, its a little embarressing/annoying but,
Found out recently at a rolling road day that with the air filter we were advised to fit to keep the engine quiet and safe on track was actually massively strangling it, meaning that when it was on track we were actually running around 160hp!?!?!
Air filter has now been removed once again, and its made me realise that I hadn't got used to how quick the car was, we'd made it noticeably slower lol!
Its back to its old bonkers self once again.
I've just SORN'd it to get the winter months out the way and sort a few little niggles, but with a trackday voucher as a present off Moo for christmas it will be back on track very soon at full power and then we'll see what its capable of!

TrackCar & F30 330d
Which Filter are you going to be running now?

And what was the filter you were running which was soo poo?

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Yeah I have to say it was a bit of a hiccup. I don't think the problem was with with the filter it's self I just don't think it was strong enough to put up with the engines gulping air demands and was getting pulled into the trumpets badly. At the mo I don't have a filter solution and have been driving around since without a filter. As I say though the car is now off the road for a couple of months so I'll do some thinking.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Oh right i see, I had the pipercross sausage filter that k-tec were selling on my car and with that one on it felt really good and I couldnt notice the difference from having no filter to having that one.

Unfortunatly it was a bit of a dodgey filter so it was replaced with K-tec's current ITG filter and that filter does fall back onto the trumpets after a while too. I also feel it doesnt really improve the cars runnning going from Socks to the ITG filter so i am looking to change filter again.

I'll be getting the same filter that Bazzon & Barron use and Silent-sone uses it too. Its a Pipercross filter with a 50mm backing plate. This one could be a good one for your 120mm trumpet set up.

ITB'd MK1
bit of a clearance issue for any filter on it. there's about >< that much room between trumpets and bonnet, it needs an airbox thats for sure

182 trophy
good videos. i belive this was the car that gave me a good thrashing at santa pod in 2010 lol sounds crazy when your right next to it!