ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Beaten by..............................

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

The ultimate people carrier............... im still embarrassed to say..................

A Vauxhall Zafira GSI Turbo.

Last night, i had 3 people in my car - this stupid tw@ in a Zafira was all over me - really really annoying me as we were following a load of traffic there was nothing i could do!

Anyway, we came up to a roundabout where it then goes right and into two lanes up a fairly steep hill........... I booted it and started pulling away, then i noticed that at about 35-40mph he gained on me, and cruised up behind me, pulled into the inside lane and pulled up level with me, then overtook!!!!!!

I was gutted - i know my 16v isnt that quick - but its so frustrating to have a car like that beat you!!!!

Its because the valver is such a light car. It was desighned to take the driver to some stupid speeds very quickly. Its not for carrying people. The Zafira on the other hand is designed to carry a lot of wieght and still move along at a fair rate of knots. So dont be to embarased. Chances are if you both only had drivers in you would have hammered him...or at least just won.

Paul

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

Well going up a steep hill cant have helped - as we all know Torque is not the Valvers strong point - i didnt mention but at the top of the hill there is a roundabout which leads on to another section of duel carriage way so we went down this where i was almost hitting the limiter - i stayed with him here, but was still just pissed off that he beat me, makes me miss my turbo......... but at least i have confidence the valver will get me home lol!

You never said anything about a hill! 3 peoiple in and a hill, you were never going to win! Just imagine how much hill climbing ability he has with a turbo strapped to his engine.

Paul

H22A7 Accord Type R

Pretty niftty quick motor the GSI Zafira! Ya could upset a lot of ppl in one fo those! Bit like my dad, he has a SKODA octavia RS Turbo.....he loves hammering BMW drivers, and the V6 Vecta owners!!! :D

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

and old mate of mine (not mates with him anymore) got beaten by a transit van, he was driving a 1.0l Uno (that was shagged), my mate was really trying to beat it, but the best bit was the transit driver wasnt trying.. hehe, he didnt even know my mate was trying to race him.. what a tw*t he was.. glad I dont speak to him anymore.

(just incase your wondering, I dont speak to him anymore cause I slept with his girlfriend, erm quite a few times actually)

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

My Dads got the RS Octavia too!!!

I had him some plates made with a slogan saying "I USED TO TELL SKODA JOKES" - BMW drivers hate it as it is - without reading that!!!

Yeah those Zafira GSI Turbos are quick, and tunable, one of the guys at work has had his tweeked for more punch, and it really shifts, shocking really, one to watch for.

H22A7 Accord Type R

nickg........the Skoda is a mint motor aint it!!! I like the slogan.......my dads got a personal plate for it, reads RSOCTA.........quality motor!

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

Nice mate - i like the Octavia too - my Mums got a TT roadster (225bhp) and ive driven both - to be honest, the Skoda feels just as quick, i dont know if the 4wd on the audi slows it down or what, but it doesnt feel any quicker!!

H22A7 Accord Type R

i think its the way the skoda is set up, when my uncle drove it he described it as a hooligans car! and he has had a fair few hot hatches!!! its just the turbos instant shove......anywhere above 2000rpm.........awesome!!!! maybe ill get on the insurance next year lol

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

Im seriously thinking of buying it from my Dad next year, as he will be changing it - i know its been well looked after, and ill get it cheaper ;-)

H22A7 Accord Type R

lol.......my dad says ill have first refual on his too!!! upgrade from a Renault to a Skoda! :D

H22A7 Accord Type R

lol...........aye! Its funny the looks and stares it gets goin down the main street.......Luv it! its 17"s make my 15" look a bit poxy in the drive next to it lol