ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Before & after K-tec Induction Kit graphs

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Would this give a better gain than the phase 1 airbox turned 90 degrees a la Cup racers?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Would this give a better gain than the phase 1 airbox turned 90 degrees a la Cup racers?

if you look at a cup racer setup, the box is actually sat where the fuse box is on a road car. Much longer induction length than people use on here with it right on the TB.

The key is in getting optimal length, and a decent quality filter that doesn't crush easily or get sucked in like some of the cheaper foam ones (or the expensive ITG ones for that matter, very flimsy)

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
instead of using the alloy bend just get another 90 silicone bend, looks alot better

DSC_0002-1.jpg

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
Have you connected them together with just that jubilee clip, or is there something else inside connecting them?

There is a join between the hoses, you can see the pipes bulging just above and below the clip..this is the joint piece.

Have you connected them together with just that jubilee clip, or is there something else inside connecting them?

You can get metal joiners, or you can use gutter pipe (or similar hard plastic pipe) if you are proper pikey.

water onto the filter = cooler inlet temps = more power. Think water injection

Just don't drive through any floods

As long as Rhys doesnt drive through the ford near his house he will be fine!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Can get a typhoon for about £134, not sure whether to bother or not.

Does it have that proper induction roar that you can hear over everything? Hate that noise.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
None of the ones on the standard inlet are particuarly noisey when just driving around normally.

ph1 172
As Chip says mine is not noisy under normal driving but foot down and above 5k it is very loud. I will try and do a video and put it up later

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Can get a typhoon for about £134, not sure whether to bother or not.

Does it have that proper induction roar that you can hear over everything? Hate that noise.
If you make your own one up, you could change it to the ktec style one if you don't like it. Whereas you are pretty limited with the typhoon.

And as above, you can only hear it properly at high revs. So you won't here it driving around town. Unless you're a chav ;)

LY R26 #288
Thanks for posting up the pics Rhys. I think I'm gonna give it a go :)

I take it you have to leave the arch liner out?

Cup In bits
if you look at a cup racer setup, the box is actually sat where the fuse box is on a road car. Much longer induction length than people use on here with it right on the TB. )

That was the initial induction kit they were fitted with then went onto be fitted with v6 airbox to reduce induction noise for certain tracks Db limits.

Not advising against these long IK but be careful, I no of a few typhoon kits that have killed engines, hitting an unavoidable puddle while passing oncoming traffic on b-roads doesn't end well.

LY R26 #288
Fair enough. It looked like the filter would be too big to replace the section of arch liner you removed to fit it.

ph1 172
Your welcome. Just bare in mind that it is incredibly tight with everything it passes through and be wary of those puddles!

330i. E30 Touring.
I wouldn't be worrying too much about that.

306 GTi-6 airbox is in exactly the same place. Obviously it's not an open filter though.

LY R26 #288
Rhys did you stick a mini filter on the oil breather pipe? If so do you know what size filter you need?.

A.N. Other
I wouldn't be worrying too much about that.

306 GTi-6 airbox is in exactly the same place. Obviously it's not an open filter though.

Exactly - the airbox seals up the intake at that point, so water isn't sucked in.
There were a couple of '6s that killed engines by having a K&N 57i mounted low and ingesting water...

HBT 172 Cup
There is a discount code you can use for their shop but i can't remember, its something like ASHOSES10, which will probably bring it back down to eBay prices (or possibly less).