ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Being 30 and in a 182

Exclusive no. 144
I'm 32, currently on my 4th 172... Cheap, fun, fast, relatively efficient.. Last time I sold up I spent weeks researching alternatives and then got another!

Had 2 205gti miamis before the 172s! I don't care what other people think :)

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Whaaaaat? I'm 35 and on my 2nd RS having previously had a 1.8 16valver. I'm regressing- thinking of doing my bike test. Nothing wrong with a sport!

ph2 clio sport 172
I'm 30 in 2 days. I've purchased my 172 4 years ago. Originally was just a cheap stop gap while I saved for something more grown up but I can't bring myself to get rid. If I did would only be to get another one. Granted I would like something a little more grown up and refined as mine has lost most refinement with changes I made, but I park up on a night and always look back at car with a smile. My girlfriend and mates see it as a £1000/£1500 Clio that I've wasted lots of money on but I love it and my girlfriend knows my Clio comes 1st then her lol.

Haha thats always the case for any car mate! Only had mine for a few months and im pretty sure ill be getting something abit more grown up at some point (when we decide to have a baby) but whether i keep mine or not im not sure. Think it will be too hard to let it go then though!

Fiesta ST3
Well I was 39 last week and still drive my artic 182 with a yozza cat back can't seem to replace it been looking but nothing really floats my boat

Mk1 16v brooklands
After getting rid of my 172 in 2012. I've had a few boring cars. Diesel mondeos for example. Now at 29 I've decided to go back to what I know best. Mk1 1.8 16v clios.

pick her up tomorrow

LY 200 EDC LUX
31 and driving a 200. I've owned loads of performance cars, and I can honestly say that around the twisties, the 200 is by far the most satisfying to drive.

Renault Clio 172 cup
I'm 49, on my 2nd Clio cup , its my daily drive, work, shopping etc, and I do plenty of track days. Age is immaterial.

I find it amusing though that this 3 year old thread was indirectly started by a woman ( op's wife ). She must have seen him enjoying himself and wanted to stamp all that out.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
After getting rid of my 172 in 2012. I've had a few boring cars. Diesel mondeos for example. Now at 29 I've decided to go back to what I know best. Mk1 1.8 16v clios.

pick her up tomorrow

Got to love that bonnet, my first car.

Renault Clio182 bean
Other than being old enough to drive, they don't sell cars with an age limit, they just have a target market. So anyone with an issue can walk on lol.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
I hit 40 next month and still have a trophy as a cheap track car, no harm in it atall.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Just turned 30 the other day! No plans to get rid of my little Clio yet :) and when I do I'll just be replacing it with another hot hatch lol.

Ibiza FR Edition
I'm not 30 but this thread makes me miss the 182 already! I'm enjoying my new ibiza fr just finished running in so gave it a few revs today and it feels almost as fast as the clio just silent! No where near as fun!

Clio 172 Sport
38 in a couple of weeks and only just recently got my Clio 172. Enjoying every minute of driving it even though the build quality is nowhere near the same as my Vectra.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
just turned 31 and had clios for 10 years now, don't feel old so i'll keep driving them, lol!

Plodwyn

ClioSport Club Member
  182 cup
I'm 54 had my 182 cup for 10 years and still gives me a buzz the other half loves it in fact she goads me to drive it like a loon!!

Clio 172 PH2
32 Here and just bought my first clio 172, wanted to return to my youth! Had it for three days and I think I'm already smitten... I was telling the misses last night night that although it cost 2k, itll probably need another 2k spent on it... If i invest that much Ill probably keep it far longer than the winter! A nice little project will keep me busy!

Clio 200 EDC Lux
I was 35 when I bought my 200 cup, now just sold that 2 years on and awaiting delivery of my new 200 edc turbo. Don't pigeon hole yourself in an age bracket. Drive what you enjoy as it's supposed to be fun as well as a way from A to B. I'll probably continue to grow with the RS range as family grows. Convinced the Mrs the new Clio is a family car as it's 5 doors...perfect!!

2005 Clio 182
I'm 25 years old and thoroughly enjoy my wee bullet! It kicks ass on the roads. Civic Type Rs, Cupras, TTs, most cars that try it on get a good mirrorfull of Clio at the least. Only car to have me is a Subaru STI. Scouts honour!

RB182cup&golf gti
39 and drive a fiesta st mountune daily and also own a 182 cup. Possibly have to swap one for something more child friendly at some point soon, although will prob keep both and swap the wife's Clio instead!

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Possibly have to swap one for something more child friendly at some point soon

If this happens to me I am making a mount for the child seat to fit where the rear seats used to be, not getting rid of the bucket seats.
This could also be one reason why my mum is terrified if I ever have a child.

182 BG
Nearly 30 had renault sports my whole driving life started with the r5 gtt and currently driving a flamer like I'm still 17

RB182cup&golf gti
If this happens to me I am making a mount for the child seat to fit where the rear seats used to be, not getting rid of the bucket seats.
This could also be one reason why my mum is terrified if I ever have a child.

Lol. Baby fits in and out of the car no prob even with it being three door, it's just the boot space, more so in the fiesta, is tiny.

Great read this thread.. !

Good to see peoples commitment also. I know someday will come where I will end up in something diesel/estate/VAG etc over the Cup, and when it does I'll have to take it to my garage and get building up my Renault 5 GT Turbo again :)

Can't imagine selling my Clio though :( the prices they are going for makes me sick when I think of what I've put into it.. think I'd rather break it for parts of store it away for 30 years!

172 Ph1
Best of both for Me lol

2 172's and a daily Derv bus

a93d6b83d5876af1e6c33a664d4c66ee.jpg

b7a200863f3e9285d49292afa4bc27ca.jpg

RB 182 FF,1.2 16V
I'm 59 & bought my first 182 in May.
Previously owned & raced motorcycles.
She's my bike on 4 wheels!Ricks RB 182 front.jpg