ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ben_Stevo172 - White Supercharged 172

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Re: Ben_stevo172 - Supercharged Monaco 172

PMSL. heard of bore-wash? there's safe rich, and there's just bloody wrong. Ignition timing is how you should be reducing EGTs. But then what do I know..... ;)

Best call renault and tell them they cant map then because the megane runs 10.5:1

You will NEVER get bore wash at that. Yes there is a limit like anything but 10.5-11 is not it!

White Evo V

how is it at putting down through the front wheels mate

Puts power down no problem, You have to learn how launch but once your out of first its very good. Because of the progressive boost it hardly spins the wheels! Unless its wet then your fvcked! lol :cool:

RB 200 Cup!

DSCF1047.jpg

loving this car!

also loving this pic as it got me in it!

White Evo V

Just a few more pics I took today. I gave the car a full wash with Turtle Wax car shampoo, cleaned the wheels and calipers aswell. I also hoovered the interior and cleaned the dashboard with dash wipes. I then treated the leather with moisturising leather wipes. I then finished off by polishing the whole car including the windows with Maguires Deep Crystal Canuaba wax: :approve:

100_1176.gif

100_1180.gif

100_1193.jpg

100_1204.gif

Audi TT 3.2

looks really good! what about a 3/4 size front plate, would finish the front of nicely!
and whats it like a fuel? mpg?

White Evo V

looks really good! what about a 3/4 size front plate, would finish the front of nicely!
and whats it like a fuel? mpg?

I have thought about a 3/4 plate but I have heard of people getting pulled by the police and fined for it so I have stuck with a normal one!

Fuel - mpg computer doesnt read accurate anymore (I have my doubts that they do anyway). I worked out that im averaging at about 20mpg.

Audi TT 3.2 V6

What sort of cars would you say your sc 172 can level peg with? Are we talking e46 m3 pace?

Clio 182 Trophy

excellent project, i would love to supercharge mine, has anything broke? how much cash would i need to do it?

White Evo V

lol :rasp: i dont race im old ;)

pfffft!!! Yeah, sure ;)

excellent project, i would love to supercharge mine, has anything broke? how much cash would i need to do it?

No problems at all yet but im sure it wont last forever on standard internals! Got a low compression forged bottom end on the build though, just building up funding for the parts! :D

Speak to Paul at RS Tuning, its £4000 or so for the same spec as mine. :approve:

535d / t5 caravelle

Havnt tested it against the m3!? hughesclio is yet to challenge me! Ha ha ;)

i'd say so, my 205mi16 could show them a clean set of heals with 190bhp atw, and stripped out, so i imagine 250bhp atfw would do the business :cool:

e91 330d/type r mini

i'd say so, my 205mi16 could show them a clean set of heals with 190bhp atw, and stripped out, so i imagine 250bhp atfw would do the business :cool:
to be honest i have driven pauls sc clio and i have my m3 and i personally think the clio would have the edge to say 80-100 but then i reckon the m would start to claw it back, all imo of course i may be totally wrong though :S

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

you need to apply some tyre gloss which should make the wheels look better :)

Dodgy one

Interested to know what wheels they are, obviously they are O.Z but what model, They look like the ph1 172s but they look 16"

535d / t5 caravelle

to be honest i have driven pauls sc clio and i have my m3 and i personally think the clio would have the edge to say 80-100 but then i reckon the m would start to claw it back, all imo of course i may be totally wrong though :S

i'd say that sounds pretty fair to me, my pug went like a rocket, upto around 110mph it would pull away from most things on the road, it lost its legs around then, but by then the race was done and dusted;)

White Evo V

Interested to know what wheels they are, obviously they are O.Z but what model, They look like the ph1 172s but they look 16"

They are the same as what comes on the ph1 172! O.Z F1's, mine are 16" though not 15".

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300

Very nice! love the loonacy of little hatches with aftermarket FI. The monaco looks mean.

I think hughesclio is right about the pace, quicker to the ton and then the M3 will start pulling it back...

And to all the loan comments about how u paid for it - why does that matter? good on you for having the balls to do it.

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000

I had a drag race from 20 to something silly and pulled a couple of car lengths on a e46 m3. He was devastated before anyone starts spouting he wasn't trying.

That was with 206bhp so would imagine you'd be able to hump them all over.

Your only problem will be top speed as your engine speed to gear ratio will permit a maximum of around 145.

White Evo V

I had a drag race from 20 to something silly and pulled a couple of car lengths on a e46 m3. He was devastated before anyone starts spouting he wasn't trying.

Your only problem will be top speed as your engine speed to gear ratio will permit a maximum of around 145.

That suprises me actually! Thought it would b closer! I think mine vs yours would be a good one Stevie! U planning any track days or rwyb events next year? Also rumour has it that your going for higher boost!? Are the rumours right? Lol

e91 330d/type r mini

looks like im going to have to sell the m3 as it looks like there not a quick car ;)

535d / t5 caravelle

what mods you got?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

LOL behave.

Standard e46 M3 does 0-100 in 11.3 seconds, 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, 185 mph top speed - power to weight -230BHP / T

Clio with 205hp and stripped out to 1000KG (thats alot of strippage) 203BHP /T

Last edited:
  JDM Dc2

love it! but exhaust is a little on the large side for me, great figures!!

ITB'd MK1

Best call renault and tell them they cant map then because the megane runs 10.5:1

You will NEVER get bore wash at that. Yes there is a limit like anything but 10.5-11 is not it!

11.5 up most of the rev range (correct for a careful map) then just dips into 10s right at the top is what i'm informed the megane does.

And comparing a custom, optomised map to a mass production map with very generic tuning contradicts everything you do for a job doesn't it?

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR

When tuning for every last horse then yes maybe but for this car and this setup this is the afr I mapped. You do. Like that and that's fine but quit the BS about washing bores. It needs to be way richer to do that. Next time I'll think power power power. That's the corect and safe way LOL

ITB'd MK1

you're utterly missing the point. chucking a s**tload too much fuel in is just a very lazy way to reduce EGTs when ignition timing is WRONG. you shouldnt have EGT problems with a rotrex. not like you have a bloody great turbo sitting in the exhaust

535d / t5 caravelle

LOL behave.

Standard e46 M3 does 0-100 in 11.3 seconds, 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, 185 mph top speed - power to weight -230BHP / T

i can believe it, what does an m3 get down the 1/4 mile? 13's hardly un touchable really, sure theres plenty of clio's running in the 13's these days, so take away the rwd advantage off the start as they where going from 20mph, and i dont see why a clio turbo wouldn't pull on a m3 tbh

dont get me wrong i think m3's are awsome!

White Evo V

LOL behave.

You are right about the bhp per tonne but the BMW has more power than the CLIO, therfore it will lose more through the transmition surely? The power it actually puts through the wheels per tonne will be similar to the CLIO with 205bhp.

Theres only 1 way to proove it sometimes Stevie! VIDEO, VIDEO VIDEO! :D

535d / t5 caravelle

yep. only one way to prove it lol, get it done :cool:

e91 330d/type r mini

i think mine made between 265/280 at the wheels, what you are all forgetting is the m3 is reliable with its power and will do it for 100k miles, how long the clio lasts remains to be seen, why does every every person compare there cars to m3s all the time?
oh and i have raced a supercharged clio in my m3 :)

Last edited:

i can believe it, what does an m3 get down the 1/4 mile? 13's hardly un touchable really, sure theres plenty of clio's running in the 13's these days, so take away the rwd advantage off the start as they where going from 20mph, and i dont see why a clio turbo wouldn't pull on a m3 tbh

dont get me wrong i think m3's are awsome!

I haven't seen many clios getting into the 13's!

Ben, can't wait to hear this at RST on the 7th.

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300

LOL behave.

r u being mistaken for a e92? never seen figures like that for a e46 even evo tested there e46 at 0-100 in 12.5 ish and 60 in 5 taking 60-100 7.5s (a little quicker than my MPS)
and with the clio running the same power but 350kg lighter than the mps.... well i will leave the maths/physics to you

Status
Not open for further replies.