ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best brake pads

Audi S3 225

What are the best pads to go for, I really need to get them replaced as Ive done 23k miles now and they havent been changed yet. Plus ive started to get a grinding noise when i brake, doesnt sound too healthy at all, brakes still work very well, doesnt seem anything wrong with them apart from the niose. But new pads wont hurt, so whats the best for low brake dust, good performance and which will last the longest.

Any suggestions...?

thx

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by MAXIBOY on 09 December 2003

ebc green stuff warm up well and produce very little dust
But are mailto:cr@p">cr@p

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Unless youre going to be doing some track work, then standard pads are pretty good.

For performance pads Mintex M1144s, Ferrodo DS2500s, Pagids or even the K-Tec ones are all good, but Ive had EBC ones and they were poo!

Skoda Fabia vRS

i use the EBC standard pads, the ones that K-Tec advertise as there own Kevlar pad

really cheap, a lot less dust than standard pads, and more bite, definitely worth the money

Lionel Richie

Ive just put K-tec pads on mine and they seem pretty good

Dont get ferodo!!! They last about 5000miles and you spend every day cleaning your wheels!!!!! (but they are cheap and work)

I got EBC greenstuff...it seems OK.

it feels like sh*t when I still use the original brake fluid it was dirty, then I changed to ENDLESS brake fluid...top stuff.