ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best CD to MP3 software

Hi guys,
was hoping someone could help if possible. Whats the best FREE convertor to download that converts CDs to MP3. I was hoping for something that was easy to use and allowed you to edit mp3 tags for 'Artist', 'Album', 'Genre' etc.
Hope this makes sense.

Thanks
Adam

2002 DCi 65
Windows Media Player Version 10 does it too - select your songs, click RIP and it copys them fron the CD, to you H/D as .mp3's easy!

Is there an option in itunes to turn off convertion to AAC format. It automatically converts to AAC when you put the files in the library on my copy.

2002 DCi 65
woodleadam said:
Does WMP10 rip to MP3, I thought it only ripped to WMA format.

go into TOOLS then Options then select "COPY MUSIC" then select "FORMAT" then clikc the drop down arrow and change it from WMA to MP3

:D

FreeRip

iTunes and WMP are good if you are using JUST them to rip/play/take over the world. IMO for copying to other devices then the freebie ones are far superior.

ex Clio 172 owner :(
woodleadam said:
Is there an option in itunes to turn off convertion to AAC format. It automatically converts to AAC when you put the files in the library on my copy.

Yes it's in the encoding options somewhere or other.

Monaro VXR
I use Easy CD-DA Extractor.

Cracking lil program rips a cd in around 7 minutes and good quality as well its $35 to buy it but can just download and find cd keys knocking about the net for it.

Clio 172 Ph2
The 'best' combo is probably EAC (Exact Audio Copy), followed by something like LAME for the actual WAV -> MP3 conversion.

Both are free.

EAC queries an internet database to get album/track names for the inserted cd and that info can be put into ID3 tags automatically.