ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best coilovers for around £450??

As in the title what's the best coilovers for aaround 450 quid? There's a few options iv seen on k-tec but not sure whaat to go for. The car is mainly used on road but will b ggoin on track days at points.
Thanks

For that price IMO use stock or refresh depending how worn they are or spend it on track days

So ur sayin standard set up is better than coilovers? I havnt got standard ssprings I bought the car with 20mm lowering springs on.

So ur sayin standard set up is better than coilovers? I havnt got standard ssprings I bought the car with 20mm lowering springs on.
Cheap coilovers definatly.
All suspension makes compromises including cost.
Harder lower suspension isn't better. Even on track and even them most people dont live on the track 1 second quicker lap times vs a bad back you make the decision

You have to think that whilst all the big aftermarket suspension makers invest a lot renault spent even more and whilst there production budget was lower they make a heck of a lot more sets of suspension than any aftermarket place.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
yeah man, probably not on the same level as the big expensive brands but for £500 i would say there a very good setup. improvement on standard definatly, owned by on of the big companys, its like their budget brand

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
If you're going to do track days, dont get cheap coilovers. They are quite acceptable for the road in most cases, but they're not sophisticated enough to be pushed hard

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
yeah man, probably not on the same level as the big expensive brands but for £500 i would say there a very good setup. improvement on standard definatly, owned by on of the big companys, its like their budget brand

they're effectively KW V1's but made with cheaper materials from what I can gather. Not a fan of those personally, I find them far too bouncy

MK3 GTI golf 16v
they're less bouncy than V1's and considerably cheaper. Neither would be my choice anyway

never driven on V1s, but i would of said APs where a lot stiffer than Ktecs. i loved my APs and my new car has Ktecs on and its driving me mad, i hate them

MK3 GTI golf 16v
GAZ dont have a overly great reputation. some people have had no problems but other people say they break etc

personally really rate APs for the money mate, used them for over a year and never felt uncomfy, was jsut right for me really. the Ktec ones i have atm are s**t.