ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best current 182 exhaust...

172 cup
I know theres loads of threads on this but want an up to date opinion of the best 182 cat-back exhaust system, ideally with good power increase and not too loud for general driving? Also an exhaust which fits properly!

Yozza/ RS192 seem to be the popular choices..

ITB'd MK1
They've never sold in huge quantitys so most dont know what they're like, but the Piper 182 system is THE best off the shelf system I've ever fitted on a clio (I've fitted most of the different ones) The 172 system doesn't fit quite so perfectly but the 182 one is the nuts

id also agree that piper are one of the best of the shelf exhaust systems , there systems are extremely well built and a lot of resarch goes into the making of there exhausts

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
I know theres loads of threads on this but want an up to date opinion of the best 182 cat-back exhaust system, ideally with good power increase and not too loud for general driving? Also an exhaust which fits properly!

Yozza/ RS192 seem to be the popular choices..

The Scorpion RS-192 (exclusive to YB Racing) is performance wise identical to their standard system.. The Scorpion systems aren't the most durable of systems from experience but you do get decent gains from them

They've never sold in huge quantitys so most dont know what they're like, but the Piper 182 system is THE best off the shelf system I've ever fitted on a clio (I've fitted most of the different ones) The 172 system doesn't fit quite so perfectly but the 182 one is the nuts

I agree the Piper is excellent quality and not too expensive either.

The Supersprint offering is expensive as you pay a premium for the name but is a fantastic system that is flawless in build quality and has gone through hours of testing on dyno's to get the best possible design

I'll be getting the Piper, Scorpion and Supersprint systems back on the site today..

Mondeo TDCI 130

How strange... Piper is the WORST fitting 182 exhaust i have ever set my eyes on, so much so we had to cut and weld it to get the tail pipes lined up decent.

Well built and nice sounding, bu what a mission!

Maybe we had a duck egg!:S

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
^yes!!! Even i liked it and i'm super fussy with how zorsts sound! Not droney or nothing! That or the BTB i had, super zorst that!

S2 106 GTI
^yes!!! Even i liked it and i'm super fussy with how zorsts sound! Not droney or nothing! That or the BTB i had, super zorst that!

I heard how fussy you are with exhaust's :) with a de-cat in it it sounds slightly louder and gives more of a bark when you put your foot down

ITB'd MK1
How strange... Piper is the WORST fitting 182 exhaust i have ever set my eyes on, so much so we had to cut and weld it to get the tail pipes lined up decent.

I've fitted loads :S they're the most starightforward of all in my experience. K-tec/janspeed is decent, but i'm not a fan of the assembly.

182 Cup, Octavia VRS Tdi
I've just ordered the RS192, its my wifes car and the Scorpion is half the price of a standard replacement.

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI

We've not had one issue with this system from all the ones we've sold. Must have been a bad batch as you said..