ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Hand Polish?

DB.

BMW 440i
Not spunking a load of cash on a Machine polisher, paint is in relatively decent condition.

I have just finished a Clearkote vanilla hand polish and thought it was great, used it with the german applicator.

Any reccomendations or shall I buy this again?

When I am back from Hols, i will be getting a day spent on it, clayed, polished and waxed.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
i use autoglym high def polish, have tried maquires as well which was good but i prefer the autoglym one. doubled up with some special black car shine stuff it looks amazing. but yeah you could try the auto glym stuff, i also hand polish

STEALTH RAIDER
Clearkote vanilla is a glaze Dave with very light abrasives in it so if your looking for an actual polish that will remove decent levels of defects and marks with no messing around, Gtechniqs P1 is very good by hand. 9 times out of 10 you dont need to refine the finish after which makes it a good single stage polish. It actually uses the pads to cut to the required level rather than the usual polish grade cutting to a certain grit.

Lew

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
dark colours i use black hole, anything else is srp, my favorite two.

DB.

BMW 440i
Mine is RB if anyone didn't see the avatar.

May give the AG a go then, cheers for clearing that up lew, didn't realise that lol!

STEALTH RAIDER
Abrasive yes, but by hand it has a longer working time than P1. Plus you might have to refine the finish afterwards as 203s has the same cutting level as 3.02 but with a higher gloss rating. 203s is an intensive polish as P1 is suited to the pad used.