ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best iPod docking station.. advice :)

306 TD Slut
Right. my mum is moving to Dubai and its her last day working in the hosp she works at. They have come together and raised £100 for a leaving present and asked me what she might like.

i figured an ipod would be nice, can take it to the beach or when shes in the gym etc..

so me and my dad and bro are gonna buy a docking station to go with it, for her apartment.

any advice, i know they go pretty loud and stay reasonably good quailty and i know theres several good brands but id rather go from recommendations.

I need it buy Thurs. Thanks peeps

Astra 1.9cdti XP
Better of buying a hi-fi and an aux cable! There is a Teac one that pretty small and only £150 knocking around somewhere!

browno

ClioSport Club Member
I've got the Bose one - it's not cheap but is superb... rather than just a set of speakers to listen to your ipod on, it's good enough to replace your stereo...

The Apple one isn't bad either - it's good with dance music in particular. It just doesn't quite have the depth of sound quality that the bose has on everything else. If you're looking for something cheaper the little round (JBL?) one isn't too bad...

I bought mine when I was in the states last year, and spent ages in the Apple Store comparing the different options with all different kinds of music, and the bose was definitely the best (something like Norah Jones, Don't Know Why or Tracy Chapman, Fast Car make great test tracks to really hear the difference in quality...)

Saying that, it's probably slightly down to what sort of sound you prefer - if you have an ipod, take it along with you and try some of the different docks with a wide range of music, and see which one suits you best....

Edit - I also compared the bose dock to using the ipod through the bose wave system with an aux cable (which was the alternative option) and the dock definitely sounded better (although admitedly you lose the option of radio and CD)...

182 RB FF
BOSE BOSE BOSE BOSE BOSE!

Can't beat it, Especially if you get it from america like me, :)!

306 TD Slut
might just wait and get it in Dubai if its any cheaper lol.. wont be much of a leaving present tho lol