ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best route through clio for running Amp power cable

None
I'm not talking about entry through the bulkhead as i have a progressive metal drill bit and will be making a new hole with grommit but i was wondering if it is better or easier to run the power down the outside of the passenger seat or the inside?

Also is it better or necessary to run it away from the rca cable and amp switch wires?

Cheers guys

alien green rs133
down the passenger sill. then run audio cables down the middle. that way you aim to avoid interference.

Dodgy one
When i did my sub, I ran my power lead down the passenger sill and the rest of the cables down the drivers side.

monaco 172
Cheers guys, much appreciated :)

Just thought id ad that running the cables seperate makes no difference, if its easier to run them together do it.

Alternator whine and interferences is caused by bad earths and dodgy head unit earth tracks and crap rca cables. There was a big discussion about it on talk audio a while ago. Ive always done it and never had any problems at all.

Dodgy one
Just thought id ad that running the cables seperate makes no difference, if its easier to run them together do it.

Alternator whine and interferences is caused by bad earths and dodgy head unit earth tracks and crap rca cables. There was a big discussion about it on talk audio a while ago. Ive always done it and never had any problems at all.

I'l admit i've done it in the past like you and had no troubles before I would have done it again, but

A) I couldnt be arsed removing the seats
B) I couldnt fit all the wires down one side

lol

Ph 1 172
Id mine all together down one side as it was easier, like a guy said couple of post back makes no difference or it didn't when I did it! Just make sure ypu have good cables and a good earth

BMW 330ci Clubsport
It wont make a difference, depending on how powerful the amp you are running. If its 200 RMS you wouldnt have a problem but anything high powered you could expect problems

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
yeah as said above through the bonnet release grommet for the power cable, and i ran all my cables down the passengers side, experienced no interference.