ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best subframe?

53 Clio's & counting
I need some subframes for my Corbeau's running on corbeau side mounts.

As im a lanky feck, having the seat low is probably a good option.

Im not bothered about it sliding, though if there is the option of it, it would mean other people could drive it, as im 90% leg lol so end up with the seat waaay back.

So as iv not fitted buckets in a few years, whats all the cool kids using these days?

53 Clio's & counting
Or even better, the dimentions of a good subframe and il just make my own lol.

Feeling in a proper lazy mood tonight so any help much appreciated x

53 Clio's & counting
Thats the issue I have in most cars lol, the only car I have owned that I actually felt 100% comfortable driving was my S1 Elise - position was perfect, and in the Clio I can see myself going as far as moving the gearstick back once the seats in position, once Iv dropped the column down to suit.

Iv had a quick web trawl, and it throws up lots of different subframes, so thought id ask what everyone is using :)

Evo 5 RS
This is what I had to do with my OMP ones to get them level mate:

img1648l.jpg

340i
I had a set of custom frames made for my 172... but I don't have the dimensions anymore, I've just spent 10mins looking for them :(

The best I have is a few photos (this was before the holes where cut for mouting to the floor pan and side mounts:

IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

You could not go any lower, they where literally 'on the floor' I am 6ft 2" and the driving position was ideal for me.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
you had the drawings for them swell didn't you mate?

i had flat ones made up for the track car, then was going to use spacers (galvanised rubber (hockey pucks cut to size)) to space them.... should be something in my build thread
the custom set i had with my sparco eve seats years back where the best i have had

clio 172 ph1,golf v5
I use a omp one russ but as said you will need to raise the left hand side by 12mm to get it to sit level I just welded in some spacers. If you wanna make one you can use mine as a template if ya want mate;)

I saw mate thanks, however don't really fancy buying something that doesn't even fit right etc. Was hoping they would be a direct fit with no bodge job needed