ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best way to get your 2.0 16v Badges off?

Gotta get my badges off to send over to Middo but don't wanna risk breaking any clips...

Also need to get my bump strips off to get them laquered... any advice greatfully accepted...

Prize off with a screwdriver wrapped in masking tape and pray you dont snap anything. I did when taking mine off, nothing a bit of no more nails can't sort.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
As above, Lift the edge with a wrapped screwdriver and once you can get your Fingers underneath just pull them, Will feel like they might break but I've not had a casulty yet

ATS CUP'd Dynamique
with side strips- open the door and slide the strips towards the door, wedge a flathead screwdriver covered in tape under the end of the strip to help losen them

Gotta get my badges off to send over to Middo but don't wanna risk breaking any clips...

Also need to get my bump strips off to get them laquered... any advice greatfully accepted...

didn't think he did that kind of stuff anymore ......:quiet:

Chocolate Bar™
^ yeah i've started up again as my hours have eased off :)

still got the cup kully? If so will have to have a look round for that spare set of badges i was gonna do for you.

Clio 182 Cup
Posted this in the paint codes sticky but wtf... :)

Anybody know the paintcode/name for the anthracite used on 182 cup rims?

Wanna do my door badges to match ;)

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
Posted this in the paint codes sticky but wtf... :)

Anybody know the paintcode/name for the anthracite used on 182 cup rims?

Wanna do my door badges to match ;)

rover stone grey from halfords will be a good enough match - you will never know the difference on the badges :)

Cliosport 172
Hi, Just had my bullets stolen - can anyone let me know where to get 2 from....?
2.0 16v in silver for a 53 plate cliosport 172 (not cup) ?

cheers
Steve

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
with side strips- open the door and slide the strips towards the door, wedge a flathead screwdriver covered in tape under the end of the strip to help losen them

Nearly as above, if you open the door you'll see a plastic cap just below the lock. remove that then look inside and sort of down you'll see a tab belonging to the side strip push that in while at the same time slide the side strip towards you (the door opening). Then you push the clips to get the badge off the side strip.

Go to halfords and flick through the haynes manual it covers loads of bits like that or buy it would be cheaper than looking for a new side strip or any other parts people on hear tend to say just pull, it just pops off......... the pop is the sound of the securing clips breaking.....

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Hi, Just had my bullets stolen - can anyone let me know where to get 2 from....?
2.0 16v in silver for a 53 plate cliosport 172 (not cup) ?

cheers
Steve

Usually go for between 20 and 30 quid for a pair on ebay or if you can take your time they can be as low as 5 quid for a single one.

Cliosport 172
hi, have tried searching on ebay and not sure what to call em.....
clio bullets/mouldings ??

have tried breakers yards and will keep trying...

many thanks
S

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
use your hands to get the bullets off. pull from the bottom side. thats how i did it and none of the clips broke.