ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BG 182

Louis

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah my bushes are on the way from Yanoo too, worried I’m going to balls it up now
Need to do the bushes on my shifter still actually...

Hope I don't have the same problem 😂
I wouldnt worry too much as I think my issue came from them being way too snug into the bottom of the linkage and then me using the rod and nut to push them in.
The 2nd time it was much better as I made sure it was free of any paint where the bushes go and tweaked them until they fit.

The hardest part this time was sanding the flat face of the bush whilst insitu under the car on your back. Definitely worth the extra effort getting it spot on.

Louis

ClioSport Club Member
Removed the aircon condensor today and the system was completely empty as expected. Annoyingly the lower ac mounting points got damaged on the radiator during removal. I tried my best to save them by cutting the brackets with an angle grinder but the metal is so thin it stood no chance.
20200802_124027.jpg
20200802_130229.jpg

Also managed to shear the pipe on top of the dryer. Barely touched it so must have been fairly corroded.

I then cut away the crash bar so that the bass ports would fit without cutting them. It's pretty tight on angles with the grinder but got there in the end. Gave it a file to remove sharp edges then a spray with some etch primer and steel wheel paint. Not perfect but it isnt seen so doesnt matter!
20200802_130226.jpg
20200802_130242.jpg

Then fitted my bass port mesh and all screwed into place. Might spray the capheads so they're not as shiny but undecided yet.
20200802_131822.jpg
20200802_131815.jpg

Also removed the old velcro and stuck some new on. Had botched this previously at csf when I only had 1 pack of velcro so I could run the renaultsport plates of @Dr Jekyll. Much better now and the plates now sit flush in the recess.

20200802_134644.jpg
20200802_134656.jpg
20200802_142018.jpg
20200802_142027.jpg

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah my bushes are on the way from Yanoo too, worried I’m going to balls it up now
Mine fit perfectly first time so I wouldn't worry. Just take the time to sand them down as Louis said, I haven't and the gear change is mightily stiff now! Need to get it up on axle stands again now so sand them down more. The whole kit is well worth the money though!

@Louis car is looking great, those air intakes look perfect!

Louis

ClioSport Club Member
Mine fit perfectly first time so I wouldn't worry. Just take the time to sand them down as Louis said, I haven't and the gear change is mightily stiff now! Need to get it up on axle stands again now so sand them down more. The whole kit is well worth the money though!

@Louis car is looking great, those air intakes look perfect!
Cheers mate. Glad I took the time to cut away the crash bar as it saves any messing about. I'll relocate the horn at some point and run some proper ducting when the brembos are in.

Louis

ClioSport Club Member
Picked up a set of the original AD08R. 2 are unused and the other 2 were used once in the wet before being removed.
Unsure on what to do fitment wise. Current fronts are on the limit and rears on 3.5-4mm treas.
Either just replace the pair on the limit, or fit the 4 all round and keep the rears as spares?

20200806_182625.jpg

Louis

ClioSport Club Member
What im thinking is for 1 set of rears I get through 2 sets of fronts.

So if I fit the 4 tyres, I'll end up wearing the fronts down and the rears will be on 4mm. I can then fit the 4mm tyres I removed onto the front?

I hate getting tyres changed.

Louis

ClioSport Club Member
Took a trip over to the tyre fitters today and got the ad08r's on.
Photo showing how they're basically new and all showing 6.7-7mm tread.
20200807_231029.jpg

Got all 4 fitted for £20 so cant grumble at that! Washed the car today and thankfully theres no damage to the alloy anywhere. Certainly makes a change as most tyre places either do you over on price or annihilate your alloys.
Feels loads better on new tyres again, you forget how much it changes the road feel when they're new to on the limit.

20200808_194148.jpg
20200808_194259.jpg
20200808_194223.jpg

Photo showing my sunstrip and how the dashcam still sees all 😎 definitely less obvious than it was before.

20200808_194246.jpg

Last edited: