ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BG 182

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah my bushes are on the way from Yanoo too, worried I’m going to balls it up now
Need to do the bushes on my shifter still actually...

Hope I don't have the same problem 😂
I wouldnt worry too much as I think my issue came from them being way too snug into the bottom of the linkage and then me using the rod and nut to push them in.
The 2nd time it was much better as I made sure it was free of any paint where the bushes go and tweaked them until they fit.

The hardest part this time was sanding the flat face of the bush whilst insitu under the car on your back. Definitely worth the extra effort getting it spot on.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Removed the aircon condensor today and the system was completely empty as expected. Annoyingly the lower ac mounting points got damaged on the radiator during removal. I tried my best to save them by cutting the brackets with an angle grinder but the metal is so thin it stood no chance.
20200802_124027.jpg
20200802_130229.jpg

Also managed to shear the pipe on top of the dryer. Barely touched it so must have been fairly corroded.

I then cut away the crash bar so that the bass ports would fit without cutting them. It's pretty tight on angles with the grinder but got there in the end. Gave it a file to remove sharp edges then a spray with some etch primer and steel wheel paint. Not perfect but it isnt seen so doesnt matter!
20200802_130226.jpg
20200802_130242.jpg

Then fitted my bass port mesh and all screwed into place. Might spray the capheads so they're not as shiny but undecided yet.
20200802_131822.jpg
20200802_131815.jpg

Also removed the old velcro and stuck some new on. Had botched this previously at csf when I only had 1 pack of velcro so I could run the renaultsport plates of @Dr Jekyll. Much better now and the plates now sit flush in the recess.

20200802_134644.jpg
20200802_134656.jpg
20200802_142018.jpg
20200802_142027.jpg

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah my bushes are on the way from Yanoo too, worried I’m going to balls it up now

Mine fit perfectly first time so I wouldn't worry. Just take the time to sand them down as Louis said, I haven't and the gear change is mightily stiff now! Need to get it up on axle stands again now so sand them down more. The whole kit is well worth the money though!

@Louis car is looking great, those air intakes look perfect!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Mine fit perfectly first time so I wouldn't worry. Just take the time to sand them down as Louis said, I haven't and the gear change is mightily stiff now! Need to get it up on axle stands again now so sand them down more. The whole kit is well worth the money though!

@Louis car is looking great, those air intakes look perfect!
Cheers mate. Glad I took the time to cut away the crash bar as it saves any messing about. I'll relocate the horn at some point and run some proper ducting when the brembos are in.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Picked up a set of the original AD08R. 2 are unused and the other 2 were used once in the wet before being removed.
Unsure on what to do fitment wise. Current fronts are on the limit and rears on 3.5-4mm treas.
Either just replace the pair on the limit, or fit the 4 all round and keep the rears as spares?

20200806_182625.jpg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
What im thinking is for 1 set of rears I get through 2 sets of fronts.

So if I fit the 4 tyres, I'll end up wearing the fronts down and the rears will be on 4mm. I can then fit the 4mm tyres I removed onto the front?

I hate getting tyres changed.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Took a trip over to the tyre fitters today and got the ad08r's on.
Photo showing how they're basically new and all showing 6.7-7mm tread.
20200807_231029.jpg

Got all 4 fitted for £20 so cant grumble at that! Washed the car today and thankfully theres no damage to the alloy anywhere. Certainly makes a change as most tyre places either do you over on price or annihilate your alloys.
Feels loads better on new tyres again, you forget how much it changes the road feel when they're new to on the limit.

20200808_194148.jpg
20200808_194259.jpg
20200808_194223.jpg

Photo showing my sunstrip and how the dashcam still sees all 😎 definitely less obvious than it was before.

20200808_194246.jpg

Last edited:

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Sorted out the windscreen rubbers. Never realised but theres little tangs thay run up the edge of the windscreen. I got a screwdriver behind the top one and bent it out slightly then the rubber just clipped perfectly in.
20200809_173303.jpg

Also gave all the glass a wipe with degreaser and a polish with fast glass. Always had weird marks in the sun but theyve all gone now. Then sorted out all the interior giving it a vac and general wipe down.

Decided whilst the boot was all clean I would apply some sound deadening as I had some left over from before. Chuffed with how its come out and should help with the drone even more on motorways.

20200809_172651.jpg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I managed to pick up another set of brembos for a decent price and these appeared to still have the standard brake pads in and the pins had never been removed.
Took a fair bit of hammering to remove them, but cutting them in half and a bit of heat seemed to help.

As they need machining to clear the 280mm discs I shoved them on the mill and remove 5mm from the mating faces. Pretty simple job as the aluminium is so soft.
Just have to be careful you dont go too far!

20200813_172520.jpg
20200813_202622.jpg

I will be doing the same to my other set, refurbing both and then selling a set ready for someone to fit.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Replaced the balljoints with lemforder items today and also swapped out the old top mount bearings for some fresh ones.
Bearings were in good condition but just changed for peace of mind as will be going in for tracking soon.
20200815_171136.jpg
20200815_171144.jpg
20200815_171317.jpg

Still have track rod ends to do but will get booked in for alignment first then do them the day before so it's not all over the place.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
How many bearings you put in those top mounts now Louis? Must be costing a fortune!
I bought them 2nd hand originally for about £25(?) as they needed bearings, so I guess if you count that set it's been 3 pairs of bearings.
Realistically I didnt need to replace them this time, bearings were still stiff and I didnt have any untoward noises from anywhere.
Just as I fitted new tyres, needed balljoints anyway as they wear surprisingly quickly and will be fitting new TREs it made sense to do them before spending £60 on alignment.

Last thing I wanted was to suddenly get a knocking from the bearing and it needing replacement ruining the camber.
It doesnt help the roads around huddersfield are pretty crap and I drive it everyday down them!
Have you driven it since fitting the sound deadening Louis? If so, much difference?
Ive driven it daily since fitting it yeah. It makes a difference, not huge, but enough to cut down some exhaust noise. Doesnt help my exhaust is blowing again as I catch it on the driveway everyday from being low

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
If my bearings need replacing after a year I'll put standard top mounts back and let the Facebook mongs try to steal the knackered ones off me.
They are motorsport parts, bet a lot of people running them will find the bearings are sloppy but probably dont know.
I'm keeping the bearings as spares that I removed, I'll just clean them.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I know, I've seen quite a couple of them now, but at 6'6 I fear I won't be able to see anything out of the window!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Did my TREs yesterday and solved the knocking noise I was getting after doing balljoints and top mount bearings.
Believe it's down to the top hat that sits above the spring holder being seized into the aluminium. Unfortunately I couldnt remove the top hat easily and as I was booked in for alignment today didnt want to damage it leaving the car off the road.
20200823_105140.jpg

I am going to contact ktec to get new top hats and then bilstein for new spring top holders. I'll then machine a couple of washers for the top to make up the gap between the two. Common for causing a knock.

Took a trip to Atec-Align and had Chong set the car up.

20200824_092835.jpg

Results from before (toe was out from new TREs):
20200824_142511.jpg

And after alignment

20200824_144946.jpg

Car drives great. Probably a bit more camber than I wanted but this was the minimum we could get on ovalled holes and standard bolts. Going to file the holes next time to get slightly less camber but happy with this for now!

Attachments

• 20200824_092835.jpg
    20200824_092835.jpg
    427.3 KB · Views: 32

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Had a great driveout yesterday with @dann2707 @0ss @Yorkshire Pudding @Sj1782 @Steve_RS (everyone else tagged the wrong steve 😂😂😂) and also Chris but dont know his username.

Car performed faultlessly apart from stalling in the little creek then refusing to restart. Scared me for a second but then it fired back up again. Very odd but was fine after that! Think I managed about 35mpg for the whole day too.

Some photos @dann2707 took of the clio.

IMG-20200905-WA0013.jpg
IMG-20200905-WA0030.jpg

Nice to finally get out for a proper drive and put the car through its paces rather than just trundling to work everyday.