ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BG 182

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
200.gif

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Well it's the end of an era with this but I will be breaking it for parts unless someone wants to part with £5k for it.

Pricing everything up I'm looking at about £9k in parts so a huge difference.

It has been and continues to be a fantastic car, has never missed a beat and wasn't actually burning too much oil like I initially worried. Seems the same as usual, approx 1L per 10k miles. Having picked up an E92 for daily use and finding out I've a baby on the way seems its the right time for it to go!

Can't say I won't miss it, I'm sure I'll be back in one!
I’d be very interested in all the sat nav gubbins, I.e. dash top, screen, any loom for it etc.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
What’s wrong with it
The cambelt is overdue and it has some rust on the offside rear arch. All arches are treated internally so it's just scabbing.

Otherwise the car is absolutely fine and been in daily use, I just won't see the money it's worth without breaking it!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
What a day.

Decided I was going to make use of the good weather and fit my brembos today. Unfortunately my hardlines were rusty (obviously) so I needed to replace them. Spoke to BRT motorsport and with help from @Touring_Rob , @RichValver and using catcar I got the dims needed. Had a pair of braided lines made up and cracked on with fitting them.

Now this isn't easy with the engine in place so I had to tear out the fabric heatshield to gain access.

View attachment 1606379

I disconnected the hardlines from the calipers and plugged them with some blank m10x1 plugs. Absolute game changer!

Hardlines out and ABS pump plugged this is where I was at.

View attachment 1606380View attachment 1606381View attachment 1606382

Old lines were fucked! Now routing the new lines was a pain but got there in the end and basically got the lines clipped into all of the oem guides.

Much better! View attachment 1606387

Whilst I was here i decided to attack the rust. Now there's a fair bit in the arches and I definitely didn't get it all, but it's a start. Used my die grinder, wire brush and flap discs to attack the rust. Coated with hydrate 80 then some epoxy mastic. Now I still have other areas to go on but I ran out of time. Plan is to get the rest then gravitex and dynax ub it.

Fitted the brembos and needed to tighten pretty much every fitting. Getting the lines to seal on the pump was tough as there's not much space for leverage but got there eventually.

Brembos were bled but will definitely need doing again.

Some quality machining got the ds1.1.1.111s in the perfect position.

View attachment 1606384

Fingers crossed no leaks in the night!

View attachment 1606386View attachment 1606385

Also thanks to porl for the great brackets 👍
@MrBlonde