ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BG 182

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
It's a rusty trombone now.

20230516_114759.jpg

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
I've just started on some preventative rust maintenance today. Where in the country has your car spent most of it's life?
Interested to compare to mine, I'm on ~145k, but it's lived down south most of it's life I believe, not even a bubble on either rear arch. Not had the skirts off yet mind, inside the rear door cards wasn't bad at all though.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I've just started on some preventative rust maintenance today. Where in the country has your car spent most of it's life?
Interested to compare to mine, I'm on ~145k, but it's lived down south most of it's life I believe, not even a bubble on either rear arch. Not had the skirts off yet mind, inside the rear door cards wasn't bad at all though.
It's been up north the majority of the time, but it's also done 165k miles. I drive it every single day and it's not been washed for 8 months 😂

I treated the internal rust and it was fine tbh. Still solid

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Fixed it.

Weirdly all the studs were kind of loose in the hub so I removed, tapped and reloctited all of them. Wonder if the bearings going causing excess heat? That stud was sheared in the flange, so the tyre monkeys have clearly ugga duggad it too much.

20230529_123553.jpg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
So my clutch cable snapped driving into work today. This is the third replacement cable I have fitted.
Is there some sort of manufacturing issue? The first genuine one I fitted lasted about 2 years, this pagid one I fitted lasted 8 months and now I've fitted a general traffic own brand.

What a c**t of a job on my lunch break. Got it down to about 50 minutes now and it's a b*****d every single time.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
So my clutch cable snapped driving into work today. This is the third replacement cable I have fitted.
Is there some sort of manufacturing issue? The first genuine one I fitted lasted about 2 years, this pagid one I fitted lasted 8 months and now I've fitted a general traffic own brand.

What a c**t of a job on my lunch break. Got it down to about 50 minutes now and it's a b*****d every single time.
It helps if you never drive them, my genuine cable is on its 3rd year.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Which end has the cable snapped at? Pedal end?

Reminds me of when i had 3 aftermarket r5gtt clutch cables snap in a month. Put an oem one on and it lasted the car out!

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Mine is original too but again, helps when it’s done 13 miles in 6 years 😂
IMG_3233.png

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Which end has the cable snapped at? Pedal end?

Reminds me of when i had 3 aftermarket r5gtt clutch cables snap in a month. Put an oem one on and it lasted the car out!
Always the pedal end.

I fitted a genuine one from Renaultcarparts which barely lasted! There's definitely no tight bend rads or anything either

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Well it's the end of an era with this but I will be breaking it for parts unless someone wants to part with £5k for it.

Pricing everything up I'm looking at about £9k in parts so a huge difference.

It has been and continues to be a fantastic car, has never missed a beat and wasn't actually burning too much oil like I initially worried. Seems the same as usual, approx 1L per 10k miles. Having picked up an E92 for daily use and finding out I've a baby on the way seems its the right time for it to go!

Can't say I won't miss it, I'm sure I'll be back in one!