ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BG 182

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Took it for a drive and it feels alright. My ghetto vernier measured alignment also feels alright surprisingly.

Brembos are much firmer now after a good bleed and the bite of the brembo pads is still alright. I can live with the reduction in performance just because they're now silent.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Took it for a drive and it feels alright. My ghetto vernier measured alignment also feels alright surprisingly.

Brembos are much firmer now after a good bleed and the bite of the brembo pads is still alright. I can live with the reduction in performance just because they're now silent.
Realised I said alright many times in that post.

Alright.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
200.gif

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Decided my cable ties maybe werent a permanent fix so bought some new arb brackets. These were the last ones kam had in stock and they're now discontinued by renault...
View attachment 1589842
Strange how both old ones snapped in the exact same place. It's clearly the stiffness of the arb combined with the black series polybushes which causes this issue.

View attachment 1589840

Slathered in some copper slips to ease with fitment.
View attachment 1589839

Whilst I was there I fitted my stainless abs brackets. I didn't clean anything else, obviously.

View attachment 1589841

Job jobbed.
Who sells the abs brackets ?

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
That time again when the cars due a service, first one since the refreshed gearbox went in so treated it to the same MTL as before.

Moved onto the new Castrol oils after using the ELF for the last 4 years. Engine will probably blow up next week now 😂 Relatively painless job apart from the oil filter being properly stuck on! No idea why as I'd not done it tight the year before.
View attachment 1545388
Mileage shot, nearly at the big 150k.
View attachment 1545389
A job I've been putting off is replacing the clutch cable. Noticed when swapping the gearbox it was looking a little worse for wear.

This job wasnt as easy as servicing the car... Theres a small clip under the pedals which needs prizing off however I was unsure how much force it could take before snapping. Didnt actually have to worry as it was surprisingly strong and popped off with a screwdriver and a pair of pliers. Tied some string around the old cable and pulled it out.

View attachment 1545518

Bagged a new genuine item from RPD and it's obviously the newer style with a heavier weight along its length. You can also see on the old that its perished on the end and the internal lining was moving within the sheath.

View attachment 1545392

Refitting wasnt quite as easy and removing as you had to guide the line around tbe back of the sound deadening. Such a faff and my arms got absolutely ruined by the back of the deadening. All clipped in and refitted anyway!
View attachment 1545387View attachment 1545386View attachment 1545391

Took the car for a drive today and it does feel better but not by a huge margin. Definitely worth changing due to the above issues but definitely not a hugely noticeable difference in the shift unfortunately. I'm going to disconnect it from the clutch and reset the mech just to see if that adds any improvement.

If you plan on doing this yourself just dont be shy on the clip by the pedals and use a strong bit of string on the old cable.
Driving home from work on Wednesday night and shifting into 2nd my foot went straight to the floor and this clutch cable snapped.

I managed to nurse it home but this being a brand new genuine clutch cable at the costly sum of £70 from @renaultpartsdirect fitted only 1 year prior, I wasn't impressed. @Jekyll has also had a brand new genuine cable go just over a year after fitment. There must be some form of batch issue here as this should not be happening! The previous cable had lasted 16 years and this barely 2.

20221211_120843.jpg

Anyway, I had to source another cable and bought a pagid unit from ECP for £30. They're pretty much identical to genuine apart from slightly different protective sleeve.

20221211_105412.jpg

Between doing this last year I'd removed all the bulkhead heatshielding which did make the job easier. It was still a pain of a job but got there in -1 weather.

Clutch feels smooth now and everything is in the correct place. Time will tell if this one also snaps, it can't be much worse than genuine!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
As an upstanding member of society, i decided to have a 400 cell sports cat section made up. I'm told this will pass an MOT, and isn't for track use only 👺👹

I was also wanted to be able to easily swap over my exhaust from cat to decat (when in Mexico 👁👄👁) so had a vband flange welded in to replace the existing slip joint on the milltek system.

Took the car to Powerflow Halifax and James did a fantastic job for a reasonable price. Some pics below of before and after. Can see the original vband flange I had done at CSK on the decat to manifold joint;

received_1309208002972049.jpeg
received_512324677702672.jpeg
received_567015105446762.jpeg
received_745482576847131.jpeg
received_937835507396991.jpeg
received_920175569427013.jpeg
received_883213256217254.jpeg
received_570035221456791.jpeg
received_1145213292832413.jpeg
received_1534102690418824.jpeg

What was forgotten was a boss for the lambda, so he took the cat back and will weld this in for me. I read to fresh air currently but would rather not have an EML lit up.

Hopefully a cat thief will be able to tell this isn't genuine and will rob the cat off the nearest jazz instead.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
As an upstanding member of society, i decided to have a 400 cell sports cat section made up. I'm told this will pass an MOT, and isn't for track use only 👺👹

I was also wanted to be able to easily swap over my exhaust from cat to decat (when in Mexico 👁👄👁) so had a vband flange welded in to replace the existing slip joint on the milltek system.

Took the car to Powerflow Halifax and James did a fantastic job for a reasonable price. Some pics below of before and after. Can see the original vband flange I had done at CSK on the decat to manifold joint;

View attachment 1631095View attachment 1631096View attachment 1631097View attachment 1631098View attachment 1631099View attachment 1631100View attachment 1631101View attachment 1631102View attachment 1631103View attachment 1631104

What was forgotten was a boss for the lambda, so he took the cat back and will weld this in for me. I read to fresh air currently but would rather not have an EML lit up.

Hopefully a cat thief will be able to tell this isn't genuine and will rob the cat off the nearest jazz instead.
What did he charge you mate?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
we should have a sports cat challenge… see who has the best one… best will defined by me after the test 🤣

looks smart, reasonable price as well really
This should pass fine, expecially being 400cell. It was my only requirement tbh 🤣

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Cats now back and on the car after having the lambda port welded in.

20230226_120324.jpg
received_1671383043647869.jpeg

It does sir pretty low, so hopefully I don't rip it off. I can get on and off my driveway which is a success either way! Still sounds good at idle but it's much less 'barky' under throttle.

Yet to do a motorway run but I imagine it'll be transformed on drone.