ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BG Clio 182 - Amos

cliocollins

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB's RB & F56 jCW
I know that garage well! They always do a good job here.

The name is a added bonus. :sneaky: Glad it's passed mate, so when are you stripping it out?

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
I know that garage well! They always do a good job here.

The name is a added bonus. :sneaky: Glad it's passed mate, so when are you stripping it out?

The thought has crossed my mind, but then it's a bit of a slippery slope... before you know it, you've got a track spec car with Michelin livery and I'd have an empty wallet :p:LOL:

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Not much has really happened with the 182 since January. After the MOT passed I sorned it as it was a bit of a waste to keep paying £25 a month. Calculated that I've done 300 miles in it since August lol, definitely bring on the Spring weather!

Only a few small bits to tide me over -

1) Noticed coolant weeping ever so slightly from the radiator top hose into the thermostat housing, so whipped that off and gave it a clean up to remove all the gunk

IMG_20200203_193317.jpg

IMG_20200203_194224.jpg

2) New coolant tank as the ECP ones are complete s**t and never seal the cap down properly. This one off eBay was much better and paired it with a brand new genuine coolant cap

IMG_20200203_194921.jpg

4) Otherwise, gave it a quick machine polish with CarPro Essence and it's now tucked up under its car cover until all the salt goes. Really love how clean it looks underneath now though :love:

IMG_20200202_115358.jpg

IMG_20200307_165023__01.jpg

Oh and I became an insta whore -

IMG_20200307_164918.jpg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Not much has really happened with the 182 since January. After the MOT passed I sorned it as it was a bit of a waste to keep paying £25 a month. Calculated that I've done 300 miles in it since August lol, definitely bring on the Spring weather!

Only a few small bits to tide me over -

1) Noticed coolant weeping ever so slightly from the radiator top hose into the thermostat housing, so whipped that off and gave it a clean up to remove all the gunk

View attachment 1459615

View attachment 1459616

2) New coolant tank as the ECP ones are complete s**t and never seal the cap down properly. This one off eBay was much better and paired it with a brand new genuine coolant cap

View attachment 1459617

4) Otherwise, gave it a quick machine polish with CarPro Essence and it's now tucked up under its car cover until all the salt goes. Really love how clean it looks underneath now though :love:

View attachment 1459614

View attachment 1459619

Oh and I became an insta whore -

View attachment 1459618
Problem with the insta logo is when you want to drive like a bit of a knob they know who you are! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: MLB

cliocollins

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB's RB & F56 jCW
Just added up the invoices & receipts in my ownership (and not all of them as I got bored haha)

£13,644.07o_O
Haha. That's brilliant. I think I'll do this later today. If I'm honest your example looks like you've spent that much. So clean!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
As there's no chance a clio will be worth anywhere near what an enthusiast will waste on it I made the decision to not keep a detailed tab on what I spend😂. I do know I've spent more on mods than I paid for the car originally though 🙄.
Yours certainly looks like it's had plenty of love and money lavished on it pal👍.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Haha. That's brilliant. I think I'll do this later today. If I'm honest your example looks like you've spent that much. So clean!

Yeah clearly not a cheap hobby... And I know there are bits missing like 2x sets of R888s & AR-1s etc.

As there's no chance a clio will be worth anywhere near what an enthusiast will waste on it I made the decision to not keep a detailed tab on what I spend😂. I do know I've spent more on mods than I paid for the car originally though 🙄.
Yours certainly looks like it's had plenty of love and money lavished on it pal👍.

Cheers mate, good thing about adding it up is that you realise it's definitely not worth selling 😂

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Tyres, brakes, pads, etc all consumables related to car ownership! But how many bloody cat fitting kits does your car use per year!?

Got to admit I've just ordered another one myself though ;)

@0ss looking at current prices for a 1*2 nowadays spending more than the purchase price on mods isn't hard;)

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Tyres, brakes, pads, etc all consumables related to car ownership! But how many bloody cat fitting kits does your car use per year!?

Got to admit I've just ordered another one myself though ;)

@0ss looking at current prices for a 1*2 nowadays spending more than the purchase price on mods isn't hard;)

I went through a a long stage which isn't costed where the cat to exhaust sleeve would start blowing a lot etc. So I just refreshed it each time it was messed around with. To be honest I've lost track of those so can't remember the reasons each time 😂

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Exhausts are a ballache on 182's. I'm having mine sorted on Friday and a sports cat fitted to try get it through the mot. If it fails I'm scrapping it😂.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Haha I know they are! Stupid Renault design.. Let's hope they won't discontinue these kits anytime soon or I might just get my cat sleeved as well.

Interesting to see the list of things though and how easy it is to spend a lot of money on a car, not even any crazy purchases either!

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
I thought I’d get involved with the trend of removing the rear bumper to clean behind it :LOL: In reality there are a few marks on the rear trim / strip so want to get that off and respray - due to where the clips are it’s easiest with the rear bumper off.

So off it comes and leaving the arch liners in place, can’t be bothered with any rusty bolts 😅

C691AF70-4820-4E32-B718-4E44B8CE1D16.jpeg

Rear bumper and trim piece removed for paint -

FB772F49-23B2-40AF-BE3E-48A7F8FBD4D6.jpeg

And a good opportunity to clean up the rear bumper, mixed up some Surfex into a new Mesto sprayer. Cheers @gally & @-Jamie- for the recommendation.

E017246B-24AC-412F-8404-0C48479DC084.jpeg

4B606BC0-9BA1-44BC-BFAC-9947C7FD0F31.jpeg

And onto the rear of the car which wasn’t too bad to be fair

36F7F934-CC07-4C04-8512-C83AEC23D622.jpeg

I did have my suspicions that where the rear bumper meets the quarter panel there might be some corrosion, I’ve noticed in the past grit stuck in there which could easily rub through. It turns out these concerns were well founded -

5DF8691A-2070-4813-9904-BA338A291B7A.jpeg
3C7A72E0-987A-4DAF-96B8-6AD69493ADA4.jpeg

Due to its location it’s not something I particularly want to tackle as I really don’t trust my ability not to cause issues further into the paint above haha!

So for now, I’ve treated with two coats of Hydrate 80 and will put a coat ofpaint over it. Hopefully slow it down a bit so won’t cause too many issues. Plus the car won’t be used in salty or many wet conditions so hopefully give it some longevity before professional attention. It’s time to come to realise it’s a 16 year old car with 142k on the clock!

2CA63453-750C-4AC1-9D98-15783603BD4E.jpeg

I will update when I’ve got the bumper strip painted up!

cliocollins

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB's RB & F56 jCW
Great work mate. Love the detail and how clean this is. Keep it up matey!

None
I'm asking myself the same question recently. I think I'm going to stick with stock 182 wheels and just get them spaced out nicely.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Time warp 2012 8 years
13k later !!

Not sure if thats good news or bad news!!

cliocollins

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB's RB & F56 jCW
Gets my vote too. Looks mega. Maybe try a silver too?

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Well as you will see I couldn't quite decide 100% on the Turinis so stuck with the original 182 alloys.

Now fully refurbed and coated with CC Platinum Wheels. Once the coating fully hardens in a few days I'll pop them back on, want to also bleed the brakes with RBF660.

IMG_20200530_213133.jpg

Also got a new daily which I'm really enjoying for the odd trip out and about at the moment! Came with the tech pack, so heads up display, HK audio, wireless charging etc. Lovely place to be!

IMG_20200601_180521.jpg

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
The other day I was going to take the Clio out to a mid week BBQ as the weather was nice. Drove it out the garage and onto the driveway and I went back inside the house for 5 mins to get a few bits. Then tried to start it again and cue endless cranking of the engine but no sign of ignition.

Plugged the RsTuner in and noticed it was showing 0 rpm. I could hear the fuel pump prime and could also manually start the pump with the RsTuner so ruled that out.

After a bit of playing around I ordered the new style crank sensor and associated wiring loom, just over £80 for both :rolleyes:

Very quick delivery from RPD so I set about changing it over today, I've never really had any signs of issues with the original sensor which is why I thought it was a bit odd, however once I had a look at the loom it appears someone has been in before and I assume soldered a different plug on -

IMG_20200626_171907.jpg

New crank sensor in place -

IMG_20200627_110055.jpg

And due to the previous soldering which I wanted to remove I've had to splice right next to where it enters the harness, but fingers crossed no more issues. I also took the inlet manifold off as for 5 mins work it gives that little extra space for the heat gun -

IMG_20200627_110125.jpg

Hopefully get some sunny weather again soon and I'll take it for a test drive and make sure the solder butt connection is decent enough (first time using them).

And a very quick shot with the refurbed wheels on -

IMG_20200620_103729__01.jpg

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Very clean looking!

Have you used the carbon collective coating before? How was it to use? How does it compare to other coatings?

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Very clean looking!

Have you used the carbon collective coating before? How was it to use? How does it compare to other coatings?

I’ve used C5 before quite a few years ago which seemed to be okay, I wasn’t left totally amazed with the durability.

Based on Jim at WhiteDetails always using Platinum Wheels I have gone for it this time. Unfortunately since application I’ve only done 20 miles or so and not cleaned them yet - I will update with some thoughts as I try and get the car out more over summer.

Reactions: MLB

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Tbf the looks like standard Renault wiring almost as bad as how they spliced the alarm system in. :LOL:

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
First track day of the year completed! Seems a bit crazy saying that but you seem to have to book about 3 months in advance to get a slot now :rolleyes:

Only did a bit of prep beforehand - switched the Typ200 fluid for RBF660, added some PBS rear pads into the equation and put on the trusty DS1.11s up front. Also removed the arch liners and foglights in case it was a hot day, this turned out to be good plan as the temps were about 34°C. Thank god for air conditioning!!

Prep wise -

IMG_20200802_113928.jpg

IMG_20200802_130908.jpg

I was slightly concerned about noise with the Ktec Ultra Performance system and sports cat. It was fine at Donny but as I've never had it static tested I wasn't sure how loud it actually was. It turned out to be 92dB at 5.2k rpm so happy days.

Spent the day with Beaniesport in their 750 Ktec Clio Cup car and a mate's i30N. Going out in the race car was quite the experience, although in that heat it was awfully sweaty - never been so happy to go out on track again in car with AC!

My 182 felt pretty good all day, although I was expecting a bit more from the PMS rear anti roll bar (stiffest setting) but I didn't feel the turn in transformation that some people mention. Mid way through the day the ABS light decided to make an appearance and stay on so I will need to get that sorted, the bias still felt fine but ABS was definitely not working as I found out on a couple of occasions. Other than that, the temp gauge did start to creep up from the middle after about 10 mins on track but I expect that will be due to the air con condenser hindering the cooling ability (AC on min temp & max fan).

It's had new coolant, gen thermostat and waterpump recently so may be worth a replacement condenser & radiator for efficiency sake.

Main thing is, I was able to drive it home and not call the AA!

A couple of pics and images below -

CH-200812-BH-Cars-0017.jpg

CH-200812-BH-Cars-0882-01.jpeg

CH-200812-BH-Cars-1483-01.jpeg

And a little drive by with the Beaniesport 182 -