ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BG Clubsport edition

BG182 + M3
Hi all,

After searching for 3 months I finally have a 182, I have had 100+ cars over the years but this is the first Renault I have owned. I was originally looking for a Trophy or a nice RB but after months of looking and viewing a few dogs I decided to "settle" for BG...

Fast forward to Feb 6th and I picked up my 60k mile 182 FF with factory fitted Recaros :cool:

photo 1(2).JPG

It's a great base but had been chaved up in it's life, after the 4 hour drive home the first thing I did was rip off the awful limo tints! As it's such a low mileage example I plan to spend a few quid getting it mint and tracking it in the mean time. I use it everyday to keep the miles off the M3 so the look I am going for is a sort of poverty GT3 RS lol, stripped out but still comfortable.
This week I have made some progress such as fitting my rear cage which I had powder coated in anthracite by a local company which did an amazing job, also fitted the obligatory Sabelt steering wheel and rear carpet to tidy it all up.

photo 3(2).JPG

photo 4(2).JPG

photo 3(1).JPG

photo 4(1).JPG

Short term plans are to fit my Cooksport springs and carry out a full service then hopefully find a nice set of Turinis as I cannot stand the current wheels against the black paintwork, also a full detail once I find a set of wheels.

Hopefully see some of you at a trackday soon!

Sam

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Looks nice mate. I don't believe recaros was a factory option. They've more than likely just been installed by an owner

Titanium 182 FF
Let me know if you sell those wheel's mate, would be interested. I do have anthracite turinis but they are in dire need of a refurb

BG182 + M3
Looks nice mate. I don't believe recaros was a factory option. They've more than likely just been installed by an owner

Thanks mate, they were only available on the final run of the 182s, just over 100 left the factory with them. They came in Trophy spec so poverty spec door cards and rear bench :)

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Thanks mate, they were only available on the final run of the 182s, just over 100 left the factory with them. They came in Trophy spec so poverty spec door cards and rear bench :smile:
Fair enough! I stand corrected

BG182 + M3
Where did you get the sabelt wheel from? Really want one now. What boss dis you use? Also is the horn on a ph1 stalk?
Sorry for all the questions :smiley:

Hi mate,

Sabelt came from Renault parts on eBay, boss also came from eBay and is the correct 182 boss with steering angle sensor and enough room for all the wires! and yes ph1 stalk bought from here :)

BG182 + M3
Ok a bit of an update!

Since last posting I have carried out...

photo%202_zpsgzgzlup0.jpg

photo%201_zpsspeckqrr.jpg

Oil and filter service using the recomended Fuchs Race pro s and a genuine Renault filter.
Cooksport springs fitted to my oem Cup shocks as they are in good condition (only 60k)
Brembo HC discs with DS2500 pads and a brake bluid change.
Fitted new genuine badges all round including the bullets to get rid of the tacky black ones, also fitted new oem side repeaters.

I finally found a decent straight set of Speedline Turinis at last which I will be fitting some NS2R 120's as soon as they arrive from Germany! I still have to fit my Eibach camber bolts and get it setup for my first track day in the Clio, i've booked Coombe for the 11th which will be it's first shakedown so hopefully all goes well!

Here's how she currently looks after a de-chaving and full paint correction though the pics were taken while dirty, still a lot better than when I picked it up! :smile:

photo%203_zps2ulxjc5x.jpg

Last edited:
  BG182 + M3
New MAD tow eye fitted, stupid question but is the ring supposed to be loose and move around once fitted?

Also passed it's mot today with flying colours! Only noticed in this pic that I really need to paint the grills as they look rather grey.

7A9E402D-7FC1-4D3F-9708-E66A92FD2511_zpsqgbcjobh.jpg

Reactions: RDH
  BG182 + M3
Last minute track prep...

My tyres arrived from Germany! Am I mad to fit these with a forecast for rain at Combe on Monday?

IMG_7494.JPG

Also got my Eibach camber bolts fitted and then laser aligned buy a local firm.

IMG_7496.JPG

2004 clio 182
That's really nice.gotta love a black 182.
I need to book up some track days soon.those brake pads you have bought are bloody brilliant btw.faultless at brands in my starlet

BG182 + M3
Thanks guys!

Ps Dr Jekyll yours was the only reason I considered BG after only wanting an RB or trophy!

Also the reason for the anthracite cage as I plan to get a set on 2118s to match.

Just had it cleaned and the tyres fitted :)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

BG182 + M3
That literally looks perfect on the 2118s!

What size harnesses did you run? I really wanted a 3" set but not sure if they'll fit in the trendlines?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Glad I've seen this tonight, about to order 2118s for my BG and couldn't decide between anthracite or silver. Silver it is.

Unless your getting your 2118's refurbed in silver, speedline do silver 2118's but they come in a lower offset. Standard offset is ET43.

Last edited:
  BG182 + M3
Thanks mate!

Haha after seeing yours that's what made me buy a Clio in the first place and started my search for an RB or Trophy then Dr Jekyll swayed me toward BG :)

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks mate!

Haha after seeing yours that's what made me buy a Clio in the first place and started my search for an RB or Trophy then Dr Jekyll swayed me toward BG :)

I'm very flattered mate. You've done a top job, and I look forward to seeing how things progress!

We don't take commission do we rob? ;) @RMDavis

Actually don't you have 3" harnesses?

Our services are free... [emoji6] Clio community and all that!

Regarding harnesses mate I'm pretty sure my TRS harnesses are 3inch, I'd go and check them now if it wasn't stuck on a ramp at work lol!

BG182 + M3
Need to keep this updated really!!

Since last posting I've fitted new oem 4300k xenon bulbs as the bright blue things it had previously looked awful. Also fitted a Ktec induction kit which sounds a million times better!

image.jpeg

Had the gearbox oil changed as well as the spark plugs ready for Brands hatch which I did earlier this month where the car performed perfectly apart from my nsf wheel bolts coming undone!! I've since ordered a new set of bolts and will clean out the threads incase any copper slip is in them.

I'm pretty pleased with the car as it stands but I will be ordering a PMS shifter soon which I'll hopefully have fitted for the RenaultSport track day at Bedford if not defiantly for the Origine Rs day at Goodwood.

Thanks for reading

2004 clio 182
Haha I recently did lydden hill and all of my wheel nuts came loose,fronts were real bad. And I checked them the morning before I did trackday ffs.

Such a gorjus car matey