ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BG smart socket help

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
I purchased one of the above from screwfix, its not till you open the box and start reading the instruction your realise its not that advanced!! it only works with 2.4 not 5.

ive got a BT HH5, so ive split the signal into 2.4g and 5g but it will wont connect. anyone got any suggestions

vnjDuk.jpg

sN1BM4.jpg

GeAWbE.jpg

8ax4Dm.jpg

Not this exact plug but had the same issue with my virgin router. I moved it to 2.4ghz completely to set the plug up and then moved it back to 5ghz and it works flawlessly. I had loads of trouble setting it up initially until I did that. So maybe don’t split it, change it completely then swap it back.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Not this exact plug but had the same issue with my virgin router. I moved it to 2.4ghz completely to set the plug up and then moved it back to 5ghz and it works flawlessly. I had loads of trouble setting it up initially until I did that. So maybe don’t split it, change it completely then swap it back.
yes this worked, turned 5ghz off and it connected. I set up the timers.

set my homehub back to normal and now I have no control LOL

cant beat a brand new product that doesn't work with brand new routers

yes this worked, turned 5ghz off and it connected. I set up the timers.

set my homehub back to normal and now I have no control LOL

cant beat a brand new product that doesn't work with brand new routers
At least you got somewhere. Maybe I’ve now split mine can’t remember but it works fine and it’s a Chinese one not even a good brand.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
At least you got somewhere. Maybe I’ve now split mine can’t remember but it works fine and it’s a Chinese one not even a good brand.
wish id of purchased a cheap chinses one, it might of worked properly!