ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bike carb's/TB's on a 172???

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I'm currently looking at my options with the Clio and have, god forbid LOL suggested replacing it with an Impreza.

I wuld love to keep it but need more pace. aving been a member of Migweb for years, alot of the guys n there fit bike carb's or TB's t their C20's.

What would the costs involved be with the F4R and what sort of power would it put out as I couldn't justify £3500 on TB's but fancy a bit of spannering.

Ph1
Your after a Scooby with fuel prices at 1.30 a litre???????? Good luck to ya lol

Nice cars but everyones got one plus theyve reached chav status now..

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Your after a Scooby with fuel prices at 1.30 a litre???????? Good luck to ya lol

Yep! Evo would be a better bet :cool:
The Clio/Impreza will be second car so running costs aren't an issue.

This is the sort of thing I would go for. Too rare to be Chav imo.
580934-4.jpg

So are the bike carb's/TB's not possible then?

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
fck the clio off mate. Its had its day.

Get something you can fettle with, with only a woolworths toolkit, like the impreza.

None of this french put together lark. remember all the times we've cut our hands working on the 172's...

Chav status or not, its your second car. It will pi$$ on most and you'll have some right fun in it.

LY 182
i did a cambelt on a bug eyed wrx a few weeks ago and i was bored sh*tless tbh.
very sluggish untill on boost and by that time you've run out of road
even on boost it wasnt overly exciting

bike carbs are out of the question if you want your car legal.... bike tbs are an option (and quite a good one at that) can be done cheaply

Lionel Richie
scoobs are pretty boring tbh, my mate has a roger clarke prep'd 450bhp thing, that's scary! but its still doesn't "hit the spot"

LY 182
scoobs are pretty boring tbh, my mate has a roger clarke prep'd 450bhp thing, that's scary! but its still doesn't "hit the spot"
one i drove was awful! everyone thought i was stupid...

it was very comfortable.. but what the hell point is there of a car like that being comfortable

172 Cup
a lad i work with runs around in a GB270, very nice but nothing on something with raw power. Another mate has a stripped astra merit with a c20let, rips the scooby apart!

Clio 172 mk2
fck the clio off mate. Its had its day.

Get something you can fettle with, with only a woolworths toolkit, like the impreza.

None of this french put together lark. remember all the times we've cut our hands working on the 172's...

Chav status or not, its your second car. It will pi$$ on most and you'll have some right fun in it.

+1

You know it makes sense

ph2 172
I owned an impreza for 4 years before my clio, and I wouldn't go back. The clio while not as quick, is a lot more fun.

Ph1
You cant compare the Clio's image to a Scooby. Clio never had one lol plus for a start there was a 10k premium over a Clio Sport depending on what model of Scooby (when new) plus group 20 insurance.

Another example is E36 M3's. Only a pipe dream for most young men in their day but now you see them parked on every council housing estates usually chaved up with Lexus lights and stick on tat

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I know a lad who makes manifolds for bike carbs onto cars, easy job and not very expensive.
Also according to a lad who has fitted carbs to 2 of his cars it's fairly easy with a bit of technical know how

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
^ my mate got his R1 carbed C20 XE in his Opel Kadett set up their, apparently the best their is.