ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Biodiesel in Mk3 Clio 106bhp Dci

Clio MK III Dci 106
Does anyone know if this engine can run ok on Biodiesel? Can't find nothing about it in the hand book, or on Renaults website.

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
That's probably because Mk1s have old diesels engines, so non of that common rail stuff.
You probably can't convert your car to biodiesel because of the commonrail injection.
Also, the diesel pumps on the clios are made by lucas or delphi, which can not take biodiesel because the gaskets in them will start deteriorating. So if you don't have a bosh diesel pump it's useless.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Pretty sure it would be fine, not like the average person even knows what it is.

05 Clio DCi65/92 Surf 2.4
i sometimes buy biodiesel locally but it depends on what type it is TBH, the 5% stuff should be fine in all diesels so they say but theyll never give a 100% definite answer to me.

There mixed views I woulnd't bother though

As for the use of 100% bio etc I'd keep away its not like the old rules about lusux vs bosh pumps where one works and one doesn't though.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Don't you still have to have something converted??

Someone did a Gumball with a Range Rover (brand new) using BioFuel so would guess that would've had common rail..

Clio MK III Dci 106
I thought in Europe the petrol stations all sold biodiesel (5%) type, and it was safe to use in common rail engines.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
NO - dont try it.

It will block the injectors and the regulator. We repair numerous cars that have been filled with biodiesel and bill comes to just over £1k. You will need to replace the 4 injectors and flush the system. Older diesels ( pre 99 common rail type ) are ok to use biodiesel

Be warned

E30 318iS x2
Shags common rail systems I don't think it works at all well with them.

Easy enough to make tho 90% veg oil, 10% petrol is a good mix.

2005 Nissan Navara
I think people are confusing bio-diesel, with a diesel/vegetable oil blend.

Bio-diesel is veg oil which has had the glycerine removed by a process involving ethanol...this is fully safe as its the glycerine which blocks injectors and fuel components.

A diesel/veg blend uses 10-50% diesel to thin down the oil, making it usable in a standard diesel engine. THIS can pose issues with newer fuel systems.
The boschVlucas in the older engines was down the heating of the fuel.