ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bitcoins (and other crypto currencies)

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Been lots of calls for regulation, SBF rather notoriously petitioned for greater regulation, while doing things that would make regulators just melt.

The lack of regulation is what brings so many people in. If it becomes like any other market - what's the point in it all?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Saw a couple of days ago that there's been a fair increase in shorting against the main mining firms, so quite possible there are more on the way.

Some companies were known to have taken on a fair bit of debt to drive expansion earlier in the year, those are more likely to be on thin ice.

Mk1
Argo aren't looking too healthy either at the moment.

This one hurts me the most, had quite a few thousands invested in Argo (reduced to hundreds now..) I just pray they can survive instead of go bankrupt, but with BTC hashrate increasing still and price declining it's an ugly mix out there. I'm heading for destination rekt. :unsure:

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
This caught my eye. I don't really understand bail bonding, as it's pretty unique to America, but does this mean he came up with 1/4 billion dollars to keep him out of custody???

Where TF did he get that kind of money? Wasn't he supposed to be as broke as his companies?

Owen

ClioSport Admin
I assume he’ll get a bail bondsman to put up the bond (for which they’ll charge a fee).

I’m guessing this will be the case as I assume he doesn’t have the cash squirrelled away!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I assume he’ll get a bail bondsman to put up the bond (for which they’ll charge a fee).

I’m guessing this will be the case as I assume he doesn’t have the cash squirrelled away!

But doesn't that mean someone needs to come up with $250,000,000?? No bail bondsman will have anywhere near that kind of money.

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Good question, I assume insurance cos come in to the fold for the big stuff.

however, Reuters to the rescue - his parents put up their house (doesn't cover full amount):

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Yes-

We got down to 20200 again - strong support at 20k, bounced the market -

20% gains on alts in the space of 30 mins > EG chain link etc etc

Ive started buying some long term holds.
Wilder World. $400 at $0.185 (Down 98% from ATH )

Posted this in July at 0.18.

Was 0.61 today -
Bear marked low was 0.169 so that would have been a good buy

24EF0B58-658F-47CE-8D2A-BFD03F261DF1.png

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Screenshot_2023-09-22_at_12.45.09_PM.png

After looking at 73,257 NFT collections (a collection can contain any number of NFTs that can each be bought and sold) it determined that 69,795 of those collections have a market cap of 0 Ether.

only 21 percent of the NFT collections it examined were fully spoken for, which it said ultimately means four out of every five NFTs remain unsold.

In addition to the 73,000 collections of NFTs that dappGambl examined for its report, it identified an additional 195,699 NFT collections "with no apparent owners or market share."

Mk1
Was never on-board with NFT's despite being uber bullish on pretty much everything else crypto related. Once you understand sound money, there's no going back!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
The weird thing is NFT's probably have more of a genuine use than crypto currency.

but some utter lunatics somehow decided that would mean AI generated pictures of monkeys will be worth millions.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Had long been said alot of people were using it for money laundering, some still are but it's more obvious now.

Mk1
👀 Eyes on the prize. Lots happening at the moment its hard to keep up. Huge re-rate happening.

People slowly starting to realise the effect of inflation on their day to day wealth... Blackrock ETF? 👀

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I see what you mean, but it's hard to make a case Bitcoin is not effected by inflation when the value violently swings about all over the place.

I think going forward Bitcoin will be the main traded commodity, Ethereum will be the one actually used as a cryptocurrency. Vast majority of the rest will end up on the scrap heap.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Tons of people got burnt over NFT's, but always seeking to take it one step further, Bored Ape Yacht Club fans managed to get actually burnt at a party.

I'm not entirely sure what they were celebrating.

Attendees at a Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC) event over the weekend in Hong Kong are reporting eye pain and difficulty seeing after an evening party went wrong.
The next day, reports from attendees with eye troubles began flooding the website formerly known as Twitter, noting painful eyes, sudden vision loss and even skin burns.

One attendee, Polish entrepreneur Adrian Zduńczyk, posted a photo of a receipt from his visit to a Hong Kong eye clinic, where he was diagnosed with photokeratitis in both eyes.

Photokeratitis is caused by unprotected exposure to ultraviolet radiation, and is commonly experienced by welders not wearing protective gear, skiers and others who spend time in bright sunlight. Akin to a sunburn of the eyes,

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Goodbye CZ

Crypto exchange Binance saw over $950 million in net outflows over the past 24 hours as it was hit with criminal charges in the U.S., and founder Changpeng ‘CZ’ Zhao agreed to step down as chief executive officer as part of a record settlement.

Binance will pay $4.3 billion in penalties to various federal agencies and allow multiple monitors to oversee its operations through the next five years.

Crazy times and the market reflected.
1700645245729.png

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
4.3 billion in fines is insane

$10 billion in fines an settlements apparently.

I'd guess if they had refused to cooperate we'd be talking more in decades of prison time considering the shopping list of charges they were up for.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Someone just paid a $3.1 million dollar Transaction fee!!

"The sender's wallet was set up just minutes before the transfer, and the recipient received only 55.78 BTC of the original 139.42 BTC that was sent."

That is a crazy fee sending.